Hello. I am trying to connect my bb to my cpu so i can use ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bobisnew no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8700 connection

Advertisement

Hello. I am trying to connect my bb to my cpu so i can use calender synch and such, but it won't let me. I instaled "8700M_PBr4.1.0_rel529_PL2.0.0.152_A4.1.0.377_AT&T ". And desktop manager "BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.2_(English)". When i open up desktop manger it won't recognize the bb.
    When I connect it my laptop sees the bb and installs it then says its ready to you but i cant synch it with anyhting outlook...etc
    I hav ethe BB8700 v4.1.0.194 (platform 2.0.0.90

Any help? Thank alot in advance

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Blackberry 8700 connection

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Pinstack

Let me see if I can help you out here. First, for your CPU, you said the DM doesn't recognize the BB, Open the DM, go to OPTIONS - CONNECTION SETTINGS - > where it says "Connection" make sure the drop down menu says USB, now plug in your BB and then click the button on the right in the panel that says DETECT.

Secondly, for your laptop, and synching with outlook, are you using Outlook EXPRESS or Microsoft Outlook OFFICE? Did you set up your synch configuration settings?

Let us know so we can continue to help you on these issues

~Jade~
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

yea not i tried that DM doesn't see it, would the version of DM matter?
    Out look express, but thats just to see if it wold connect, i just wanna be able to back up my info and wirtine in calder format on the laptop
    Thanks for response

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

The version of the DM shouldn't matter. If you have a previous version of the DM you can delete the new version off your computer and install the older one and see if that works, but I don't see that being the issue. I'll pass this one on to some of the others in the leaders group, see what we can come up with for you.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

thanks alot, i just got it from my uncle, needed something for upcoming busy schdule.

aspaconline no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello to all,
    I have a problem with synchronization, from my DM the "reconcile message" is not clickable, I am using MS outlook and BIS. Can anybody help me please...
    Thanks in advance and all the best