Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wrnash....i have the same question...its not critical for me but I would enjoy it if ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

nikosia no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry 8700 4.2 beta

Advertisement

wrnash....i have the same question...its not critical for me but I would enjoy it if my 8703e could have photo id when someone calls.

I sure wish they would announce when 4.2 is coming out. My hunch is they will wait awhile until after the 8800 is launched to try and spike sells.

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

i would always recommened not using somethign not released by RIM.......so you don't turn your blackberry into a cool coaster.

bearhill no está en línea Stack level 1

I have vonage and use a nifty work around to listen to my .wav email messages.

All of my corporate email is handled by a web based integrated application which for some reason is having difficulty working directly with BB so rather than have messages sent directly to BB I set it up to have messages first sent to Gmail and from gmail it is sent to BB.

Having Gmail in the middle does 3 things:
    1. It provides an extra layer for spam protection so I get hardly any spam on my Pearl.

2. I can pull up the gmail mobile app and see instantly who has sent me email - similar to my inbox on the BB but kind of nifty.

3. When there is a .wav attachment in my BB inbox I now go to the gmail web site (not the mobile site) with my BB html browser, log in and listen to the .wav email attachment through the browser.

It's an extra step and a pita but it works. Given the fact that only 1 or 2 messages end up in my email inbox when I'm away from the PC it's not that big of a deal.

Another nice thing: All of your email goes to gmail so think of it as a back up system for all of your inbound email

Best part is, it's free!

casamurphy no está en línea Stack level 2

The wav work around doesn't help us 8700 types, though, since we don't have OS 4.2. Our OS does not support wav, period.

Anyway, I also have found gmail to be a very handy account. I have my important email addresses sent to my BB AND also forwarded to gmail. Then I set-up the BB to BCC all mail that leaves my BB. Then I set up filters at gmail so that the bottom line is that all my incoming and outgoing BB mail is archived in gmail's very nifty "conversation" mode. That way I really don't have to worry about saving emails on my BB. Every few days I just do a total "delete prior" emails.

bukwit no está en línea Stack level 1

Apparently ive just found out that the new 4.2 allows for content protection but you are able to disable it for Address book so when a call comes through you get full name and number, otherwise with it enabled you get number only as it takes too long to decrypt the name. Any1 using 4.2 please confim.

pratikdoshi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d89e0d

i have the unofficial version of 4.2 the only part that i found amazing is the bluetooth transfers. It does support .wav files. the only problem i have found is that the battery indicator sometimes disappears, but that is really my only complaint.. im just waiting for the official to be release

514HH no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have Vonage so what I do to listen to my voicemail is, once I receive an email stating that I have a voicemail message (and I can't open the attached WAV), I just login to my Vonage account via BB browser and listen to it there. It will open up in the BB browser's media player.

Give it a shot, it works.

macr77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b6732d

Quote Originally Posted by pratikdoshi
    i have the unofficial version of 4.2 the only part that i found amazing is the bluetooth transfers. It does support .wav files. the only problem i have found is that the battery indicator sometimes disappears, but that is really my only complaint.. im just waiting for the official to be release
    Prat, where can I find this version? I would love to upgrade to it. Also, what effects did it have on your phone once installed? Did it reset your settings? Erase themes? This sort of thing? Thanks!

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

macr77 this version is unofficial, it was not release by RIM so I wouldn't suggest a beginner user to do that
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12