I'm trying to talk myself out of buying out my Nextel contract and upgrading to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Big Dilema!

Advertisement

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying out my Nextel contract and upgrading to an 8700c. The dilema is, I can't talk myself out of it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by bcuzi8paintchips; 02-15-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Big Dilema!

No, since I am already on Cingular and have the 8700 coming to me... I say do it. Who knows when Nextel will get the 8700. Plus EDGE will be faster than what Nextel has (GPRS right?) I don't see how you can go wrong here. If you REALLY need PTT then just get the 7100i. SureType isn't THAT bad. It is acutally better when driving.

BTW don't foget to update your PIN the the BBMessenger thread when you make the switch

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

If I were you, I wouldnt' have a problem paying the fees to cut my nextel contract. BlackBerry units are quite nice to work with; (and the 8700 improves upon the hardware design adding quite some speed) the interface is easy and they simply work. Ive used Windows Mobile and clicking multiple things with that little touch screen to check your email? Gah... (they did recently fix that though, ill give them that even though its years to late)

[This is pretty much off topic] - The only thing I really don't appreciate, since I do belive the 8700 is currently fast enough (hardware wise & internet connection wise), that it doesn't yet have a streaming audio/video player. I was really hoping that a new, faster, unit would do that... maybe a 3rd party will develop it.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I wonder if you could use Orb to stream audio and video. I was looking into when I was using a Nokia s60 device. I wonder if it would be possible on a BB esp the 8700 with EDGE??

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

If you sell your old unit on eBay that should just about cover the early termination fee from Nextel. And I know there's deals to get an 8700 free with rebate. No loss there. And you've got the latest and greatest. But I couldn't live without my PTT, too many folks at work I need to communicate with.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

My wife and I currently have 7520's. I do own an HP HX 4705 but I don't use it as a phone or for my email. I was online with it last night, but that's seldom.

Thanks all for the advice. I need to talk my wife into it too.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    I wonder if you could use Orb to stream audio and video. I was looking into when I was using a Nokia s60 device. I wonder if it would be possible on a BB esp the 8700 with EDGE??
    Just checked out Orb; seems cool... but yeah, doesn't work on BlackBerrys as it trys to stream .asx files. Also apperently doesn't work with Palm though. Now I did run the test program from http://www.inetcam.com/Products/J2ME_Diagnostic.aspx and it said my 7100 should work. Issue being, you seem to have to be a partner; they don't just have a standalone program for us to download and use.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.