Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have noticed that wall charger gives me 95% charge and USB 100% charge.... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Steve-hose no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Better to charge via USB connected to PC, or wall charger?

Advertisement

I have noticed that wall charger gives me 95% charge and USB 100% charge.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

The only thing that I notice is that the time lenght is different.

rtrimble no está en línea Stack level 1

When I use the BB too much and the charge gets down to about 10%, it won't let me make phone calls. If I plug the phone in (USB or WALL) it still won't let me call until the phone get a little charge in it. I understand that this is to protect my data, but I want to make the choice myself which is more important, the call or the battery life to save data. Any thoughts.

raysan11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204dea3d

If you charge by PC you have to install the blackberry destop software to get the BB USB drivers. without the drivers the USB only gives a small cahrge but with them it gives the full charge for the BB

opensky no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2344gg12

Its Not The Charger Thats Important... Its How Low You Let It Get Before You Recharge
    It.. Bb Have Lithium Ion Batterys... They Do Not Like To Be Ran Down... They Like To Just
    Be Recharged After Use.... And Kept Up... The Wall Charger Will Supply Higher Amps To The Charge ..so It Will Charge Faster... But The Battery Will Charge No Higher On Either... Its Just A Matter Of Time .... The Usb Doesnt Supply As Much Amps...so The Lenght Of Time To Fully Charge Is Longer To Complete.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

devonian no está en línea Stack level 1

The charging capability of a USB connection is hardware dependent. Different PC's may provide different amounts of power for USB devices - you may even see differences between ports on the same machine. If you connect through an unpowered hub, you might get very little current, so charging would take much longer. Some computers (but not all) can switch the voltage to USB ports on and off and can usually cut power in the event of a short or overload but I don't think they can usually modulate the current. I have noticed no difference in charging rate when BB software is running/installed or not.

Lithium battery capacity and life expectancy is almost exclusively a function of time and temperature, not charge/discharge cycles or depth. A brand new battery may need to be charged a couple of times to reach full capacity but after that, the older the battery gets and the hotter it has been (either charging or in storage/use) the quicker it will lose permanent capacity. This process can not be reversed by deep discharge or anything else the user can do. Also many lithium batteries have a protection circuit which will prevent further charging after they have been discharged below a certain point (i.e. if left flat for days/weeks). This is to protect against fire/explosion in the event one cell goes bad and gets reverse charged or over charged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12