For those of you who have successfully setup a method whereby you recieve POP email ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sacrilege no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B44315

Best method to receive POP email on 8703e?

Advertisement

For those of you who have successfully setup a method whereby you recieve POP email on your blackberry, what exactly did you do?

I've tried a bunch of different possibilities, but they're all kind of a pain in the butt. And then just now, when I added my POP account into my blackberry-designated outlook profile, I'm foiled once again!

It actually works perfectly in Outlook - both my exchange email and POP email are delivered straight to my Inbox. However, any mail sent to the POP account doesn't ever show up on my 8703e. What's the deal?

Is it impossible to do this? If so, is there a high-quality 3rd party app that can reliably receive POP email from a blackberry? Freeware, preferably.

Thanks!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Best method to receive POP email on 8703e?

I just use the 'set up internet email' icon on my BB. You just enter the email addy and password. Or you can log into your carriers BIS and add the account from there. It's pretty easy and quick too.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tup_guide.html

nbirdsong no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B1FF41

Re: Best method to receive POP email on 8703e?

^ Agreed. The only other thing you will need is your incoming mail server name. This will be needed to register a pop email account with the bis.
    PIN: 301576CD
    Pin me anytime