I've searched for an answer to this and have had no luck. I have BES ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Signal_Corp no está en línea Stack level 2

BES email config

Advertisement

I've searched for an answer to this and have had no luck. I have BES setup for my work email as well as a BB.net email and my Gmail setup. When I send an email using either my BB.net or Gmail accounts they attach the auto signature. However when I send an email from my BES work account, no signature is ever attached. I've looked everywhere for a different setup or config for the BES account and have found nothing. Is there some other place that this could be turned off? Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BES email config

Quote Originally Posted by Signal_Corp
    I've searched for an answer to this and have had no luck. I have BES setup for my work email as well as a BB.net email and my Gmail setup. When I send an email using either my BB.net or Gmail accounts they attach the auto signature. However when I send an email from my BES work account, no signature is ever attached. I've looked everywhere for a different setup or config for the BES account and have found nothing. Is there some other place that this could be turned off? Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
    It's gonna depend on the version of BES you are using, and whether or not you use desktop manager at all. Sig can be configured from DTM, or through the BES if needed. You should also be able to configure on the device from messages > menu > Options > email settings >
    Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    It's gonna depend on the version of BES you are using, and whether or not you use desktop manager at all. Sig can be configured from DTM, or through the BES if needed. You should also be able to configure on the device from messages > menu > Options > email settings >
    Not running Desktop Manager. I've tried changing the settings under messages> menu> options> email settings as well. None of the obvious has any effect on this. The Signature that is being applied to my Internet email accts is the one that is setup on BIS. I have to login to there to change it. As far as changing thru BES that is out of my hands since I don't have access to it. I was hoping there might be something hidden that I hadn't found yet.

Thanks..

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So you've set Use Auto Signature to Yes in Messages->Options->Email Settings, entered what you want for the signature and it doesn't include the signature on your outbound BES email?

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    So you've set Use Auto Signature to Yes in Messages->Options->Email Settings, entered what you want for the signature and it doesn't include the signature on your outbound BES email?
    Correct. Of the 3 email accts that are setup, only 2 of them include a signature when I email from them and neither of them use the one setup on the BB. They use the one on BIS. My work email which is setup thru BES does not include a signature at all.

Question Re: BES email config

Anyone else? When exactly does the auto-signature in the BB settings get used? Is there somewhere else that a setting could cause this not to work?

Thanks..

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Signal_Corp
    Anyone else? When exactly does the auto-signature in the BB settings get used? Is there somewhere else that a setting could cause this not to work?

Thanks..
    as i understnad it the signature you setup on the device under email settings is only for BES use. you can't configure your BIS signature unless you login to the webclient.

I guess it would be a good idea to check the BEs to make sure the sig you have configured on your device is showing there as well.
    Miles.

Thumbs up Re: BES email config

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    as i understnad it the signature you setup on the device under email settings is only for BES use. you can't configure your BIS signature unless you login to the webclient.

I guess it would be a good idea to check the BEs to make sure the sig you have configured on your device is showing there as well.
    Did that today and found that it wasn't. When I made changes to the sig, they weren't showing up on the BES. Apparently the BB sends the sig that you have entered in the config to the BES and the BES attaches that sig when processing the outbound messages. I re-did the Enterprise Activation and now all is well...

Thanks...