My boy has a dash and I got this 8700g he tried sending pics wirelessly ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

berry and dash

Advertisement

My boy has a dash and I got this 8700g he tried sending pics wirelessly and it picked up my phone I do have a bluetooth hs850 but dos anyone know what to do from there it asks me for a dash password I'm lost

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: berry and dash

I don't know what sort of devices the 8700g will support... a lot of it depends on your OS. I do know that most bluetooth device passwords are 0000 by default (unless he has changed it.)

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think u can send or receive anything with an 8700g. I think u might be able to send images or sounds if u upgraded your 8700g to OS 4.2. But not receive anything.

As for the password the handset u want to pair with should have a 4 digit security password they can give to u so they can allow u to communicate with them.

Have the dash user look at the settings on their device, it might even be 0000 like a headset.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Yeah on my end I put that but his he don't have blue tooth on his dash its weird lol pretty cool tho if it can be done

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Dash is the name of the device found , the pswrd should be the defaulted 0000 and as previous posts above, the only way you can receive anything via BTooth is if you upgrade to the 4.2 OS then you will be able to receive and send via bluetooth.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

I see I can't upgrade to that software I have tmobile they don't have it yet

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l

I see I can't upgrade to that software I have tmobile they don't have it yet
    it never came out for tmobile..i have tmobile and i upgraded my 8700g months ago.
    i am not sure exactly where to locate the download, but search these forums and it will guide you thru the process.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Are you sure I didn't know that when I go on tmobile it only shows. The only one it shows is the 4.1 I don't know wonder where I can find that link

PIN/ID
    240F8984

Are you sure I didn't know that when I go on tmobile it only shows. The only one it shows is the 4.1 I don't know wonder where I can find that link

sorry, after doing my homework, something i should have done before posting my previos post, the link for the 4.2 OS has been removed per RIM's request.
    there is no where to find a link on this site, i suggest that you search for it on google.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    But was it a tmobile update or did you get it from somewhere else and delete the vendor file. And stuff

PIN/ID
    240F8984
    But was it a tmobile update or did you get it from somewhere else and delete the vendor file. And stuff
    It was never officially released for tmobile. We subsequently obtained it from a link into RIM's website; and yes we had to remove the vendor file.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You don't need to load TMO's 4.2. Carrier branding doesn't matter. Neither of my at&t BB's have the at&t OS loaded for them.