Hi all! I have a 8700g and I have been trying to synchro with Notes ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Fred66 no está en línea Stack level 1

BDM 4.2.1.8 & ND8 synchro issue

Advertisement

Hi all!

I have a 8700g and I have been trying to synchro with Notes 8, I don't have BES access, but I would like to be able to get my PAB, email & todo synchro whenever I need to through BDM. I cannot configure intellisync, as soon as select "Notes" the "OK" & "options" button are greyed out.
    I have been looking for an answer of the web for over a week now & I think I have tried all possbile workaround provided so far (matching my issue). see all links below (actual links cannot be inserted).

1) Unable to synchronize with Lotus Notes 7 (found on blackberry support site)

2) Notes.ini file specified is invalid (found on blackberry support site)

3) Domino 6.5 / 7 client en BlackBerry sync problem workaround (found on the lotus support site)

point to note: I have also 7290, and I am experiencing the same problem with it. Is there something Iam doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BDM 4.2.1.8 & ND8 synchro issue

Hmmm.... When you set up Exchange/Outlook you get the options of running with a BES or with the Desktop Redirector, but you don't get the Desktop Redirector option with Notes. Maybe it just can't be done without a BES???
    JerryD

Fred66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BDM 4.2.1.8 & ND8 synchro issue

Searching for the answer maybe a waste of time...

I have talked to the Lotus support guys, they believe that the current/latest BDM does not have the relevant SW inteface yet to communicate/see the new ND8 version, even with BDM v2 SP2 (I have tested it & still does not work!), they have confirmed that it works with ND7 though...!

Anyone knows an alternative Apps to synchro Calendar/PAB and maybe email(did try easysync, not joy!)?