Hi All.. I've combed the forums in hopes that someone else has seen this issue, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

cm.bberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BBWeather ultra-slow on 8700c

Advertisement

Hi All..

I've combed the forums in hopes that someone else has seen this issue, but the most complaints I've seen for BBWeather are specific to Pearls post-installation.

That being said, I've been a frequent and happy user of BBWeather for nearly 2 years, but it's been acting flaky for a while. I've just ignored it and hoped it would go away (oddly, that did not work). I've tried reinstalling OTA (version 0.74) a few times to no avail.

The major symptom is an inordinate slowness to launch and navigate the app. Launching the app is typically a 10-15 second wait, and every subsequent action within the app is much the same (including Escaping the app entirely). I've toggled MDS Proxy which yielded no improvements, and I'm at a loss to explain this issue.

No other apps on my BB are behaving similarly, and I've found no suitable replacement for its functionality, so I'm hoping someone may have some insight.

Thanks in advance!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: BBWeather ultra-slow on 8700c

Seeing as there aren't many options in the program makes me wonder. You have unchecked Disable MDS Proxy? That usually helps users that can't get the program started. How many profiles do you have listed in the program? How are you inputting the location ID's? When reinstalling the program did you delete the old one first? The amount of time your program takes isn't normal as you can tell, but this program doesn't seem that complex.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When it was working swimmingly, I had as many as five locations. I've pared it down to 3 since it's gotten so slow (lowered expectations).

When I re-installed, I removed the previous instance first. I did then try it with only 1 (one) location and it was still like molasses.

Whenever I created locations, it was by ZIP code only.

Thanks again!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup. Its slow. BBweather was written for 7xxx series devices and then developpment was abandoned. We all have managed to figure out how to install it on 8xxx series devices but it's admittedly suboptimal.

Since there's nothing out there that IMHO compares to it, we just need a dedicated stacker to pick up the mantle and create a new version of it that easily works for 8xxx devices and for the forthcoming 9xxx ones.

I understand your point that it was engineered for the 7xxx series, but why would it perform acceptably for some time and then seem to turn a corner into slow-ville? I run screaming from anything approaching programming, so I'm not much of a candidate to pick up and run with it.

Here's hoping someone will...