How do I find my location to plug into the weather module on BB Today ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

profbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D32527

BB Today and BB Weather Question

Advertisement

How do I find my location to plug into the weather module on BB Today and BB Weather? Is there a website listing? The Location finder on the device returns a message: cannot find location ID

Thanks!
    Robert Wawee
    Houston, Texas
    PIN: 23D32527

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: BB Today and BB Weather Question

http://mobile.wunderground.com/auto/...matedzoomradar

Try that addy for weather. It has streaming radar. What you do is once you get your zipcode enterd, bookmark the site. Then when you pull it up, it will automaticaly pull up your radar. It also has a 7 day forecast that I find pretty helpful. Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but hopefully this addy will help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

John's site is great, I really like the radar, but to find your location for BB Today and Weather you can just put your zip code in the location id.

If you want to actually get the location id, go to weather.yahoo.com and type in your city or zip, and then in the url of that site you will see a series of letters and numbers, which is the location id.

For example... weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USFL0481.html

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    http://mobile.wunderground.com/auto/...matedzoomradar
    Try that addy for weather. It has streaming radar. What you do is once you get your zipcode enterd, bookmark the site. Then when you pull it up, it will automaticaly pull up your radar. It also has a 7 day forecast that I find pretty helpful. Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but hopefully this addy will help.
    I generally just use the radar. If you're like me, I recommend just bookmarking the animated radar image. You can also edit the URL to adjust the zoom level (radius in the URL), and adjust the resolution of the image to exactly fit your screen.

Cymric no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: BB Today and BB Weather Question

Originally Posted by mrnoname
    http: //mobile. wunderground. com/auto/... matedzoomradar ( I am not allowed to post url )

Totaly rocks , heck I deleted bbweather and will use this instead , I have 8700c with cingular/A.T. & T. so I have weather channel under my links in media net. So now have quicklink with this new one to see animated weather. Which in Louisiana changes every 5 minutes. Quick way to set yours to home town.

http: //mobile. wunderground. com/auto/mobile_english/your state 2 letters/name of home town. html?

Go for it , thanks for the site , now back to finding a voice recorder.

rylosam no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry - I think animated radar on accuweather.com is much clearer. check it out.