Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My situation is: my boss and I constantly text message during the day and outside ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tangytang220 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB messenger?

My situation is: my boss and I constantly text message during the day and outside of work, too. Both our BBs are provided through work (mine is an 8703e, his is the newest and greatest slim silver one, have no idea the model #). Apparently, our plans only allow 1,500/texts per month and I went $100-worth over that last month so I had a stern talking to about "work-related" texting vs. personal texting (even though I was told that I could use my work phone as my personal phone as well, but that's neither here nor there). So... I downloaded BB messenger. Anyone know how the charges/fees incur with this program? Are we eating away at our "minutes" when using this? Or do they also count as text messages? Any clues? Thanks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: BB messenger?

He has the 8830. The BB Messenger uses data, not texts.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    He has the 8830. The BB Messenger uses data, not texts.
    So, does this still charge us anything? The problem is, we don't see the actual bill... all I do know is that we're only allowed 1,500 texts/month and I went over. As long as we have the data package on our plans, we're good and we aren't getting charged additional fees? Does it eat away at our minutes available or something?

No if your plan includes unlimited data.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    No if your plan includes unlimited data.
    And IF it doesn't? Is there any way I would know? I have accessed the Internet from the BB and haven't had a "talking" to about that and I would think they would disable it if we were not allowed to use the service (ie: our bluetooth has been disabled).

I would go online and see how much data your plan includes. That will clear it up.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

As far as I know PIN is unlimited Gratis except for monthly fixed Data charge.Nothing to do with minutes or amount of times. A bit like MSM messenger.

You're correct.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I noticed on your info you have Verizon. Does your boss use that as well? I use Sprint myself, but it seems like I've seen a lot of posts here regarding Tmobile and what seems to be some pretty decent rates for unlimited data, text, etc.

Most likely, switching carriers really isn't an option. If you find that anything other than text messaging doesn't work well for you, and your boss balks at paying for the unlimited plans, try this approach.

Ask if you and he can do a three month trial using text (or whatever method you prefer). Average the overage costs for that period, add that amount to the monthly rate, and then compare that figure to the "all you can eat option".

Here in the states we've got it pretty good compared to some other locations. The blokes up in Canada with Rodgers pay what I consider to be outrageous rates for data, and I don't think it's even unlimited!

What is PIN messaging and how do I do that?

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by tangytang220
    What is PIN messaging and how do I do that?
    Each BlackBerry has a unique Personal Identification Number assigned to it. You can use that number instead of an email address to send a message to another BlackBerry user.

Do a search for PIN Messaging; Hayden or someone had a good How To on PIN Messaging that's already here in the forums somewhere. No sense in writing it again.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    THANK YOU!

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by seabirdone
    As far as I know PIN is unlimited Gratis except for monthly fixed Data charge.Nothing to do with minutes or amount of times. A bit like MSM messenger.
    That's exactly right. And its true across carriers.

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~to my knowledge there is not a blackberry plan with out unlimited data. Cause a blackberry is always using data. Between emails and checking the system if ur on a BES server. With that being said go hog wild with the bbm. I was able to get rid of my unlimited text plan because of it. Between work folk and the wife i was texing over 10,000 txt a month but know that i use bbm i have dropped down to 1500 or less! Its great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast