What are the differences between the BB Browser and Internet Browser applications?... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

queenBB no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Browser vs. Internet Browser - Differences???

Advertisement

What are the differences between the BB Browser and Internet Browser applications?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: BB Browser vs. Internet Browser - Differences???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but I will try to answer anyway. The BlackBerry browser is an "internet browser application". It is an HTML browser formatted for use with a mobile device(i.e. small screen size, no frames or animation, etc.). I hope this answers your question, but if not, be a little bit more specific and I will try again.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I believe the BlackBerry browser goes out using your BES server, internet browser goes straight out through your provider. I could be wrong though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~DCookSta, BB browser has nothing to do with BES. BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which is a server used for BBs on a company's network.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I am going with DCookSta's answer. We run a BES at work and the "Blackberry Browser" icon goes to the INTRANET/INTERNET through the BES and the "Internet Browser" goes directly to the INTERNET through the provider. Before a BB is connected to a BES, it only has the "Internet Browser". After it connects to a BES for the first time, it has the "Blackberry Browser" icon.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh
    DCookSta, BB browser has nothing to do with BES. BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which is a server used for BBs on a company's network.
    Blackberry Browser definitely accesses data via BES/MDS (please read up on this before misinforming others) while the Internet Browser/Browser does not. Your BES admin can definitely track (and even restrict) where you've been if you use the Blackberry Browser.

If allowed, the Blackberry Browser will have intranet and internet access.

So don't hit the pr0n sites on the Blackberry Browser.