How come when I go to a webpage that has a lot of pictures, not ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Hardcorp no está en línea Stack level 1

BB Browser Displaying Pics.

Advertisement

How come when I go to a webpage that has a lot of pictures, not all of them will show up. Only about the first 20 or so will be there the rest will be just be placeholders. Granted I am talking about a lot of pics. (anywhere from 50 to 200). I realize it is due to memory, but is there a way to fix it so they all show up?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BB Browser Displaying Pics.

Anyone know on this one?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Have you checked you browser settings?
    Content Mode:WML & HTML
    Show Images: Yes
    Show Image Placeholders: Yes
    Make sure all options are checked

Also, could you please let me have the link you are talking about. I have gone to many sites that have tons of images and it does take a long time to load, but I still have seen them all. One site in particular had about 50 pictures, and each one I was able to view.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...oh, 'show image placeholders' should be on? Hmm, what does that actually do, or allow?

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Have you checked you browser settings?
    Content Mode:WML & HTML
    Show Images: Yes
    Show Image Placeholders: Yes
    Make sure all options are checked

Also, could you please let me have the link you are talking about. I have gone to many sites that have tons of images and it does take a long time to load, but I still have seen them all. One site in particular had about 50 pictures, and each one I was able to view.
    All that is the same on mine .one example of a page i don't get all the pics on is...

www(dot)myspace(dot)com/rippedheart
    Blackberry 8700g App Version: 4.1.0.284

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hardcorp, have you tried changing the emulations modes? I am using BlackBerry and can see each picture just fine, I went on my pc and matched them up. 131 images to be exact.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~The emulation mode does not seem to effect it and I'm am currently on a differant network and still no change.

Does anyony know if there is a size limit for the webpages? On Opera Mini it will only show 3-5 pics at a time because of a size limit.

If there is can it be changed?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Can anyone else proved some expertise? I am not having the same problem. Wish I could be more help Hardcorp.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I get this problem sometimes when there are a huge number of images, and the site I'm opening is slow. It hasn't really bothered me as I can always do the Menu/Get Image thing if I really want to see the images. It occurs most on www.neatorama.com and boingboing.net. I think it may be a timing thing or a cache size thing. Haven't figured out how to correct it yet.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

colabnet no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb Re: BB Browser Displaying Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorp
    How come when I go to a webpage that has a lot of pictures, not all of them will show up. Only about the first 20 or so will be there the rest will be just be placeholders. Granted I am talking about a lot of pics. (anywhere from 50 to 200). I realize it is due to memory, but is there a way to fix it so they all show up?
    I don't think the emulation mode will help here - just sounds like the browser tries to keep things light.

I believe the browser just downloads the first few images to save bandwidth and to keep page rendering responsive. You can probably do a "Download More Images" from the browser menu while on the page - note that you will have to wait a bit for the request to finish which is a pain - nothing that I know of can be done on that front I'm afraid. Even if there is a download all images menu item, it's unlikley that all will download if there are quite a few of them - I'd try sticking to "Download More Images" and see if that helps.

Perhaps someone else knows more than this or can straighten me out on it as well
    Collaborative Network Technologies Inc.
    http://www.colabnet.com
    55 Bond Street, Suite 103,
    St. John's, NL
    A1C 1S9