3 times in the last week my 8700 (t-mobile) has turned off and refused to ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jaredronis no está en línea Stack level 1

bb 8700 will not turn on- solid red light

Advertisement

3 times in the last week my 8700 (t-mobile) has turned off and refused to turn back on for no apparent reason. When I plug it in to any charger a solid red light on the led will come on for a couple seconds then shut off, nothing at all on the screen. If I plug it in without the battery the same red light comes on, nothing on the screen, then the screen will come on with a picture of the battery scratched out.
    I have no reason to believe the battery is bad and I know it's not dead for I had half full before it turned off last.
    It has come back on before but sometimes its a couple of hours, more often a day or 2.
    I tried to erase and reinstall the latest os but it ends in "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

PLEASE HELP!

You guys know better than anybody what it's like being without your blackberry

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: bb 8700 will not turn on- solid red light

jared -- looks like you might need this thread

welcome to pinstack

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html

jaredronis no está en línea Stack level 1

I reinstalled the OS and now it turns on with the hourglass going for a minute or so. Then it turns off, red light comes on and it starts the process over.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You may just want to take it to your provider & have it replaced. Hopefully like many of us you have a recent backup.