Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yeah its an easyone to forget.. maybe it should be called the "Last Resort" sticky ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Had my BB only 2 hours and now: "jvm error 102"

Advertisement

yeah its an easyone to forget.. maybe it should be called the "Last Resort" sticky cause well you onlywant to do it if all else fails cause it does not do a back up
    Welcome to my World!

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

every time i get these kinda errors i just get javaloader from this forum and run
    javaloader -usb wipe
    it'll clean the whole thing off
    then just go get your providers page and get the blackberry OS download for your 8700
    keep i mind that javaloader will wipe EVERYTHING off so anything that isn't backed up you'll loose

rossabrams no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same issue but the USB won't connect to desktop manager so I cannot wipe clean, like it is so dead, am I hosed?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    Hello All,
    My entry into the wonderful world of Blackberrys is getting off to a less-than-stellar start...

Based on recommendations I downloaded and installed (well, sort of ) PocketDay. Anway, at the end of the installion process, my BB was left continuously resetting itself with the error "jvm error 102".

I did some research and here is where I am:
    -relaunched application installer and tried
    -deleting the application ==> same error
    -reinstalling the application ==> same error
    - going to "advanced" and selected "erase all application data ==> same error

During each of these processes, the BB seems to periodically turn on and off throughout...with the whitescreen + hourglass present, before the very tiny "jvm error 102" shows up.

My internet searching indicates that if my attempt at a hard reset is unsuccessful (which I guess it is unless I'm not doing it correctly), I need to do something with "Javaloader".

Think I may just return it and get another...but I always do like a challenge.

Heeeellllllpppppp!

I have the same issue but the USB won't connect to desktop manager so I cannot wipe clean, like it is so dead, am I hosed?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    yeah its an easyone to forget.. maybe it should be called the "Last Resort" sticky cause well you onlywant to do it if all else fails cause it does not do a back up

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The handset will never connect in DM if it has an error. Just follow the instruction by pentace, a friend did this yesterday and it worked great!

serviceone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4014cd35

I would have to agree it works even faster now with the updated software now

i tried this but it still will not detect the USB, I took the battery out etc.

Originally Posted by pentace
    that is easly fixable. you need to reinstall the software. i know tmobile does not yet have the software up for the device. you can download the newest version here. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6 if you follow my instructions step by step it will fix your BB.

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bumb out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

after the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

I thought this was very important and I wanted to bring this out of the dead...I tried it tonight on a Berry that was given to me by a customer. She had JVM Error 102 and this solved the problem. Thanks again Pentace for your awesome post...

Quote Originally Posted by pentace

abcrocks123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24029a13

ok ive done this a dew times and its not working.
    everytime i got to advanced i cant click the two boxes.
    this is a big bummer i just bought the phone and the
    same night i buy it this problem occurred. can someone please help me!

abcrocks123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24029a13

ohh and also. after i did this processes the first time the hour glass
    dosent show up now its a multuimedia box and it has 507 under it what does this mean??

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b

Pleeeaaassse help me! Ive read all the posts on here and have tried everything! I have a bb 7100i with nextel and this has happend over 5 times in 1 year! .. the JVM 102 error... and the (nextel) says there is NO way of fixing it so I have to buy a new 1! this is getting a lil expensive! this is either the 6 or 7th time! and so this time i cam on here to see if i can figure it out, im usualy good at this kinda stuff, but i just cant get this to work! i followed patence directions (even though my bb would say it was connected..) and i get to the part where i have to pick the apps i want and when i click next it comes up that i dont have enough memory to do that! ?? please does any1 know what i can do? i have my own business and this bb is litterly my life! and if i cant fix it ill have to pay 4 a brand new 1 and have to go 3 days with NO phone at al!!! please please please help me!!!!
    My BB info~

T-Mobile
    Red BB Pearl 8100

OS- 4.2.1.107

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

look for "how to install os when computer wont recognize it" thread it should hopefully solve it
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

shtewps no está en línea Stack level 1

ok guys i tried all of the steps with reloading the software without the battery but the the setup just sits at the second step "initialization" forever.

any ideas ?

however, when i try the steps with the bettery in.. it initiazized fine after erasing the applications and reloaded the software but didnt give me a "finished" or "advanced" option at the end.. just "close"

after that the device sits on the hourglass forever while booting but this time i dont get any errors or reset messages.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

shtewps no está en línea Stack level 1

i take that back... after about 10 minutes on the hour glass it booted!
    yay

but the only reason that hapened was because i did all those steps with the battery in and not out.. however the contacts are gone which was the whole reason for this recovery for my client.

shrug*

can someone free me of guilt and tell me that there was no way to retreive his contacts while in error 102???
    Last edited by shtewps; 08-10-2007 at 04:13 PM.

jirehcomp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Had my BB only 2 hours and now: "jvm error 102"

hi: i just download the desktop software 4.3 and the handheld software v 4.2.1 ; uninstall activesynk and disable my firewall; following the instructions, without the batery i connect the blackberry 8100 pearl to pc (also try 2 cables) and when i open desktop manager on top says "disconected" but on the bottom of screen says "device connected (pin):none. ,also try detecting usb on connection settings and says "device not found; the blackberry led still red (1 blink /3 blinks) ; the device wont turn on (it doesnt have memory or smart chip installed) dont know what else to try.

any posible solution??

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jirehcomp View Post
    hi: i just download the desktop software 4.3 and the handheld software v 4.2.1 ; uninstall activesynk and disable my firewall; following the instructions, without the batery i connect the blackberry 8100 pearl to pc (also try 2 cables) and when i open desktop manager on top says "disconected" but on the bottom of screen says "device connected (pin):none. ,also try detecting usb on connection settings and says "device not found; the blackberry led still red (1 blink /3 blinks) ; the device wont turn on (it doesnt have memory or smart chip installed) dont know what else to try.

any posible solution??
    insert your sim card and see if that allows the Desktop Manager to see the device?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast