Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello All, My entry into the wonderful world of Blackberrys is getting off to a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Argelius no está en línea Stack level 2

Had my BB only 2 hours and now: "jvm error 102"

Advertisement

Hello All,
    My entry into the wonderful world of Blackberrys is getting off to a less-than-stellar start...

Based on recommendations I downloaded and installed (well, sort of ) PocketDay. Anway, at the end of the installion process, my BB was left continuously resetting itself with the error "jvm error 102".

I did some research and here is where I am:
    -relaunched application installer and tried
    -deleting the application ==> same error
    -reinstalling the application ==> same error
    - going to "advanced" and selected "erase all application data ==> same error

During each of these processes, the BB seems to periodically turn on and off throughout...with the whitescreen + hourglass present, before the very tiny "jvm error 102" shows up.

My internet searching indicates that if my attempt at a hard reset is unsuccessful (which I guess it is unless I'm not doing it correctly), I need to do something with "Javaloader".

Think I may just return it and get another...but I always do like a challenge.

Heeeellllllpppppp!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Had my BB only 2 hours and now: "jvm error 102"

Usually when some talks about a hard reset or restart they mean taking the battery out. Sometimes a BB gets cranky like my daughter, and you have to give it a time out Take the battery out for a sec, and then put it back in. Problems melt away afterwards... sometimes..
    Let me see if I can find the info about javaloader....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ght=javaloader

Ok, this thread is where I read about it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Usually when some talks about a hard reset or restart they mean taking the battery out. Sometimes a BB gets cranky like my daughter, and you have to give it a time out Take the battery out for a sec, and then put it back in. ..
    FYI that was the first thing I did...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Have you been able to resend your service books or re-register on the wireless network?

I've had to deal with that error also but mine usually came when I left too many messages on my phone (for example, over 3000 text messages and emails). Last night, I had to deal with a friend via AIM whose Nextel 7100i threw an Uncaught Exception error and apparently being new to BB (bought the BB from another friend who wanted to get rid of it), didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I said they had to wipe the device and reload everything. I didn't even mention the Java loader program because it would have made things even worse.

Hopefully your problems don't come to this. Good luck.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~you might have to wipe the handheld and restart. I had issues with my 7100 and I had to do that and reload the software.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

that is easly fixable. you need to reinstall the software. i know tmobile does not yet have the software up for the device. you can download the newest version here. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6 if you follow my instructions step by step it will fix your BB.

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bumb out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

after the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Pentace you are awsome. You are like a BB encyclopedia!

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    that is easly fixable. you need to reinstall the software. i know tmobile does not yet have the software up for the device. you can download the newest version here. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6 if you follow my instructions step by step it will fix your BB.
    You are MOST kind to post these detailed instructions. On the BB site, the only software versions listed for the 8700g are Chinese. Since I'm not Chinese, I am concerned....

Anyway, I decided to go for it, since the gadget is useless to me now.
    So, I've followed your instructions (I think...) up to step 7. After I launch the Application loader and find all the .alx files that were installed. However, when I I select any of them, I get the message: no additional applications designed for your device were found.

So I guess this means my BB doesn't speak Chinese?
    Last edited by Argelius; 04-23-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Success....I ended up doing the javaloader maneuver. I also found the T-Mobile software for both the device and desktop (both of which are recent update). Not sure if this link will work (since I was logged into my account when I accessed it, but if anyone is interested:

http://www.t-mobileapps.com/download...m?selDevice=22

Glad it worked Nothing is worse than a broken BB.

Make sure to go into your browser and click on the link to add the TMO IM app. It is free and works pretty well. It took me awhile to find it hidden there. The 7100t had the IM already installed to it.
    My Blog , My Flickr

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~lol well you it says chinese but it is american it is a mti language. The reson you where getting no hand held software found I'd because you forgot to delete the vendor.xml file. That file is what tells your computer if your allowed to use the software or not. No matter tmobile has the software up now. It is not on their direct download page so now you have to log into tmobile.com and then click on the picture of the 8700 and then the system upgrade link. Glad you got it working. Enjoy

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by pentace

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bumb out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

after the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld
    I thought this was very important and I wanted to bring this out of the dead...I tried it tonight on a Berry that was given to me by a customer. She had JVM Error 102 and this solved the problem. Thanks again Pentace for your awesome post...

Thanks for bringing this back. I'd almost forgotten it existed LOL I could have used it the other night on PS dealing with another 7105t that threw this error.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast