i kno cingular doesnt have insurance available for the 8700... does ANYONE kno of a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

bb8700 insurance??

Advertisement

i kno cingular doesnt have insurance available for the 8700...

does ANYONE kno of a third party blackberry insurance company???

i really hope to never have to buy another one at full price in case this one breaks on me....
    torched!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: bb8700 insurance??

Hmmm... I do not know of one. Did you try an internet search for one? Normally the insurance is through the carrier. Let us know if you find anything.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

T-Mobile wants around $8 a month and there is a $118 deductable. At that rate I'll take my chances and if there's problem I'll look on eBay.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Wow! I have Tmo and am insured thru Asurion. I pay $5.99 a month with a $50.00 deductible. Wonder why they are chargeing you so much JeffNNJ. It can't be because of a claim. I've had to file 2 claims in the many years I've been with tmo.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

try pdainsure.com I heard about this from a Cingular rep

alexpataffio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DAC7B6

Okay, so here's the deal... Safeware.com. Insurance for any electronic device. I insured by BB 8700g up to the full suggested retail of 399.99 for $48 for the year, no deductible and you can claim for pretty much any reason (theft, fire, flood, vandalism, etc).

I sent them an e-mail with my information and I had a policy in my hands (already active retro to 12:01am the same day) within an hour. Insured through American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, which has been around for a LONG time. I've had policies through them before for other things in my home and they are pretty decent.

The name of the guy I dealt with is Aaron. The number I called to get him was 614/781-1492. I dialed by name and I got right to him.

Hope this helps some of you who have providers that will not insure your phones.

descent no está en línea Stack level 1

Another good blackberry insurance company can be found at wirelesssafeguard.com They have good prices and good turn around time. Even tho they mostly deal with business' clients i have had a good experience with them.

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

Yes! I have the insured Tmobile BB8700g thru Asurion. I pay $5.99 a month with a deductible.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ sounds good. Anyone know of a company in AUS for the same thing? I think having insurance on my 8800 might be a good idea.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I insured mine through asurian as well when I bought it at verizon, a good investment i found as I busted my screen and got a new phone for 50$

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can also insure through other insurance companies (like your homeowner's insurance company). You don't have to go through your carrier. There are many 3rd party insurance providers out there.

descent no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: bb8700 insurance??

I found wirelesssafeguard.com has very fair insurance rates for a lot of the Cingular / ATT devices that would cost an arm and a leg to buy new.

mrmoto no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CA582C

I use Asurion also, I pay $7 a month to Alltel. Anything happens. File a claim pay $95 and walk away with a brand new bb!