Ive had my phone since back in may bought it brand new and besides all ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rbar112 no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery life on Sprint 8703e

Advertisement

Ive had my phone since back in may bought it brand new and besides all the great things about blackberry i loved the fact that no matter how much i texted and emailed the battery life was pretty darn good. In the past few days i have not been able to last one day after being charged all night without it completly dying on me. My sister has the same phone but she has had it for a bit longer than me and she said the same thing about hers losing battery really quick. Now my question is, Is it a battery issue that i need to take up with sprint or is it something else that somebody could maybe explain. thanks again guys.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Re: Battery life on Sprint 8703e

I had the 8703e fpr close tpo a year with the OEM battery installed. Never had any problems with battery life.
    I'd take my device to my service provider and complain of the battery life!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I had a 7100i for a long time, used the same battery when I got my 8703e. The same battery for over 2 years. If the 8830 battery was compatible I would still be using that same battery.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Are you running any "new" apps that you haven't in the past? Mine lasts (as well as my wife's) a full day, even with heavy use.

no im not running any new apps, ive had spell check for emails and a couple of themes here and there kagloom and dope wars wich i dont use and yahoo go.

Big Boz no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same thing happen to mine a couple months ago. When I put it in the plastic holster that came with it, the screen would not turn off. Check that first. Just hold the center of the keyboard close to the little magnet on the back/clip side of the holster and see if it turns off. What I ended up doing was with the device on, I pulled the battery and left it out for about an hour. Put the battery back in, charged it overnight, turned it on in the morning and the screen would now turn off. If I am in coverage, the phone will stay charged for almost 3 days.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

I would fully tunr the bb off and let it charge overnight then try the next day to see if there has been a change at all. the reason why I am saying this is because I got one of those extended batteries on my 8700g and if i dont completely power off, ( scrolling to the power button and then selecting full power off ) then the battery wont charge completely , there's got to be some kind of build in charge feaure that once it reaches charge then it wont charge anymore. In my case the battery meeter stays fully charged for several days then it starts going down.

Hope it helps ,

Thanks guys, I noticed that i had my charger plugged into an extension cord from the wall and the past few days i plugged it straight to the wall and it doesnt seem to be losing the battery life as much. I really dont know if its because ive used my phone less or what but i guess ill find out since i use my phone all day during the week for emails and such. Thanks for all your tips and i am going to try powering it off at night as well see what results i get.