So far I love my 8703e, but I haven't seen this great battery life everyone ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Life

Advertisement

So far I love my 8703e, but I haven't seen this great battery life everyone is talking about. Maybe I have been using it too much ;-)

I got it up to 100%, made 2 or 3 short phone calls, had data on (BIS email), and battery was down to about 70%. Lasted about a day yesterday.

Also, the only time its 100% is when it is fully charged. Otherwise, when I pull the plug it goes to 95%....makes sense I guess...but I figured it would stay at 100% for at least a little while

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Battery Life

do you have alot of apps running in the background?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

My battery will start at 100%, obviously, and will go down to 80% by half of the day, it will linger between 60 an 80 pretty much all day. I have gone two days before hitting 20% on many occasions. And if you ask anyone Im on my BB using data, not phone, all day long.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i did have a lot of apps running in the background. Maybe that was part of the issue.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well battery life is still somewhat lackluster. I had a full charge, made about a 20min call, did some internet surfing, and now by batt is down to 65percent. I wonder if I should bring it back and get a different batt or something. I realice that others have this kind of batt. life but this 8700 is brand new. Also, will it hurt the battery life over time by charging it whenever i can? Ex. Sticking it on my usb cable while i'm at work?

Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there any harm to the battery by keeping the 8700 plugged up to the usb cable when im in the office? e

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. It doesn't charge as quickly on USB.