So far I love my 8703e, but I haven't seen this great battery life everyone ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

Battery Life

Advertisement

So far I love my 8703e, but I haven't seen this great battery life everyone is talking about. Maybe I have been using it too much ;-)

I got it up to 100%, made 2 or 3 short phone calls, had data on (BIS email), and battery was down to about 75%. Lasted about a day yesterday.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Battery Life

Yea, heavy usage can wear it down... i use mine alot for emails and messaging. I use up quite a bit of power.... i keep a second charger at work just incase i need it...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a pearl. Is it supposed to take forever to charge? I charged it overnigt while I was sleeping and it was still missing a bar it wasn't 100% charged when I woke up. I mean it was charging for at least 8 hours! Also before I charged it it was missing just one bar. So I don't understand this! Help!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What was it charged to, 95%? this is normal if you leave your phone on when charging. It will rock back and forth between 95% and 100% as the phone checks the network, it gets a message or a status change from one of your BB Messenger contacts. But your Battery life should be the same as if you disconnect at 100%.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sleeptek no está en línea Stack level 1

How long do you have it on a charger? Sometimes even though is shows x amount of battery life it needs at least an overnight charging. I love my 8703e battery life better than past phones (Treo 700wx, PPC 6700).

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

Sleeptek, what kind of battery life are you getting with what type of usage?

sleeptek no está en línea Stack level 1

of course depending on usage, ( I work as a 24/7 tech support for a sleep diagnostics company) so I get calls during business hours as well as throughout the night from technicians with maybe a max phone call 30 minutes, but I can do that talking long distance to family, then again my phone is maybe a month old. I can usually go 2-3 days without a charge and my phone services shut down when very low but not my bb desktop. But at night if I remember I keep it tied to a charger.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Are there any extended battery life batteries for the pearl? Also is it normal to only use the pearl for about a day and then have to charge it up again?

Thanks in advance,
    COJO 24