Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey all, I'm just running the same problem, I gave my blackberry 8700c to my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mdifilm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Battery drained in 6 hrs all on STANDBY

Advertisement

Hey all, I'm just running the same problem, I gave my blackberry 8700c to my friend so he can use it, other than I've just updated to the Cingular's 4.2OS and then put some ringtones for him, now it seems less than 3 hrs, the battery started to go low, and like in 6 hours, it's gone as well... I still can't figure out why (he has no internet plan set because his mom wouldn't allow it) but he loves the phone cause he can use it to do scheduling and such...

The phone was working with me with when I first had it (for about 2 weeks, before I went and got myself a blackjack...) and never had given me problem...

So queestion, could it be the sim card he uses? or could it be because he has no data plan the phone continue to 'poke' for signal and it drains? or just the battery is wearing off?

Johnny

Bockenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Just an update.
    I took my phone to all three (3) USCellular stores in my immediate area.
    NONE of them would do the exchange. They said they were not a repair center and if they replaced ALL the flawed blackberries bought directly from USCellular via the internet, they would not have any left in stock.
    Called the support center and the tech guy said I could take it to a repair center 2 hours from here other then that he could not help me. I asked if they could send me a new phone and let me send the bad one back and he said they would not do that.
    He suggested that I keep the phone connected to my computer all of the time or buy a car charger and keep it always connected to that in my car in order to use the phone.
    I am locked into a 2 year contract with USCELLULAR and this is how I am treated after only a week with them and basically told I have to live with a non-working phone.

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Can you call the repair center? Maybe they would have some way to accomodate you - maybe you could also get a straight answer from them as to what they would do for you if you did decide to make the 2 hour trek.

In the meantime, I would call the USCellular corporate office and lodge a formal complaint about the way you have been treated. You might also ask them if you are still within the grace period to cancel your contract.

AnthroMatt no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bockenkamp
    Just an update.
    I took my phone to all three (3) USCellular stores in my immediate area.
    NONE of them would do the exchange. They said they were not a repair center and if they replaced ALL the flawed blackberries bought directly from USCellular via the internet, they would not have any left in stock.
    Called the support center and the tech guy said I could take it to a repair center 2 hours from here other then that he could not help me. I asked if they could send me a new phone and let me send the bad one back and he said they would not do that.
    He suggested that I keep the phone connected to my computer all of the time or buy a car charger and keep it always connected to that in my car in order to use the phone.
    I am locked into a 2 year contract with USCELLULAR and this is how I am treated after only a week with them and basically told I have to live with a non-working phone.
    Why are you locked into a contract? If you are within your first 30 days you should be able to cancel the contract and send the phone back. I'd say it's time to take your business elsewhere.

Bockenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Finally...Well I decided as a last ditch effort I would try calling for help one last time.
    A very helpful young lady answered the phone and I explained all I had been going through. She told me that she had a Blackberry and there was obviously something wrong with mine. She then told me that USCellular had a special Blackberry Division that handles only problems with these phones. She connected me and the young man told me that there was more then likely a problem with my radio. He is shipping out a new phone and it will be here Thursday.
    He gave me the direct number to their support center and told me they were open 24-7 even on holidays.
    Moments after hanging up a representative called me from USCellular and appologized for all of the trouble I had and for all of the rudness from assoicates and all of the bad information. She told me she was taking $15.00 off my bill for my trouble (which is nice but I am just happy to be getting a new 8703e).
    Thanks again to all of you for your support and suggestions.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Let us know if your new device works better. I think they should have given you at least 50 off... or 15% off of all your bills over the contract period. But, at least you were treated better than you were initially.

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Yay for Robert! Persistance pays off!!! Let us know how the new 8703e works for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12