Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got the Blackberry 8703e from US Cellular last Thursday. On standby (not picking ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Bockenkamp no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Battery drained in 6 hrs all on STANDBY

Advertisement

I just got the Blackberry 8703e from US Cellular last Thursday.
    On standby (not picking it up at all) the battery completely drains in about 6 hours.
    I called the company just now and they told me the battery was draining because I had 10 ringtones stored on the phone, and had 6 emails not deleted. They said this would drain the battery.
    They told me the only way to get the battery to last for about 8 hours was to delete ALL ringtones, delete ALL email accounts and only use it to make a couple of phone calls per day.
    IF this is the case what good is this phone?
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Re: Battery drained in 6 hrs all on STANDBY

I think they lied to you. I have a 8703e and have over 150 e-mails stored and over 10 custom ringtones. I e-mail, text and talk multiple times every day and my battery always lasts an entire day (and more).

Sounds like you got a bad battery - but since they are being unresponsive, you may want to consider buying an extended battery - I got one and with everything I do, it still lasts 3 to 4 days without charging. The link to the extended battery is around here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you - it's about $60 and includes the battery and a new cover.

PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Here is the link to the Seidio extended battery for the 8703e - it's on sale for $49.99 and that includes the extended battery and the cover. You'll love it!

PIN/ID

Thanks. I used this forum and deleted languages, deleted my email address, cleaned everything off I did not need. I told them I thought it may be a bad battery and THEY suggested I buy another one (even though the phone THEY sent me is not even a week old). They also said if I wanted a phone that was MORE dependable perhaps I should buy another brand of phone. Unreal.

PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Can you take it to a US Cellular repair shop (not the same place you bought it) and ask them to test the battery? I know Sprint will do that for you. My husband has a Q that he's had since February - it wasn't holding a charge so we took it to Sprint - they checked the battery, found it was fine but gave him a new one anyway.

If you're going to pursue it, definitely go to a different store from where you bought it and have them test it. It really sounds to me like you have a bad battery or else something is wrong with the phone.

PIN/ID

Good idea. I just called the LOCAL USCellular store and they said they had a 30 day satisfaction quarantee. I can let them look at the battery and in either case can exchange the blackberry for another one up to the 1st 30 days. Funny the customer rep did not tell me that.
    I looked at the link you sent. As a matter of fact I have the rubberized cover and holster on order and it should be here tomorrow. It LOOKS like the extended battery and cover will work with the skin and new holster so I will more then likely order the battery.
    You have been very helpful and I look forward to anyone else that has any thoughts.

PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

I would talk to the boss of whoever told you that steamy pile of bull spit Apps will drain a battery, not stored data. You got a bad battery. That person was lazy and stupid and didn't want to make the effort to help you. Sorry.....that really makes me mad. Anyway.... The Seidio ext battery is well worth the money. I had it and would only charge every 3 days of so. Good luck!
    Andy

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

wow, unreal. very sorry to hear how that rep (or few reps) have handled your isssue. No the BB is not draining because of emails or ringtones, it is either very weak signal making the phone work harder to maintain the connection or the battery is bad. I would (as said above) swing by any store and have someone replace it (the battery or both phone and battery if you wanna feel safe that it's not a bad radio in the BB).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

sele no está en línea Stack level 2

Definately get them to replace the battery you have now. My son has a 8703e on US Cellular and it last at least a full day longer than my 8703e on Sprint. Good luck. The extended battery is useful but I would make sure they replace the original as well.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Silly tech support people

tommybp no está en línea Stack level 2

WOW!!! That was a load. I work for Alltel and have a BB8703e my regular battery would last at least one day (if not a day and a half). I have about 40 ringtones, never fully clear my email. the only battery drain issue i have ever had was when i forgot and left TELENav and several other programs running.

J.A.P.A.N1997 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BD4743

That's one way to blow you off, a bull **** answer.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bockenkamp
    I called the company just now and they told me the battery was draining because I had 10 ringtones stored on the phone, and had 6 emails not deleted. They said this would drain the battery.
    There's no way that any of those would affect your battery life. Be sure to get the rep's name and ID next any time you call in as you really need to file a complaint when they lie to you like this.

I'm not sure how it is with CDMA but with GSM poor coverage will drastically affect battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bockenkamp
    They also said if I wanted a phone that was MORE dependable perhaps I should buy another brand of phone. Unreal.
    You really need to report that rep. That's another blatant lie.

PIN/ID

Thanks so much to everyone. I really could not understand how stored apps could drain a cell battery.
    I will be taking it to a local USCellular store this weeked and see if they will at least replace the battery and if not I will demand they replace the entire system under their contract.
    Again thanks to all of you for your insight.

Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast