HI im new to the forum and searched far and wide but couldnt find the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jayman no está en línea Stack level 1

bad backlight?

Advertisement

HI im new to the forum and searched far and wide but couldnt find the answer. My 8700c screen is not lighting up at all, the only way to see anything is if i put a flashlight on it. The keyboard lights up fine but i cant read the screen unless im in direct sunlight or hold a flashlight up to it! strange! any suggestions? Kind of looks like an old gameboy color(the one without the backlighting) Your help is greatly appreciated

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: bad backlight?

Go into options - screen and keyboards - look if all you backlight settings are OK...
    If that doesn't change anything try pulling out the battery 30 secs and put it back in
    If that doesn't do it tell if you changed anything or installed anything lately

Hope This Helps

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

jayman no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: bad backlight?

No didnt change anything, just pulled out of the holster and could not read the screen. Keyboard lights up but no screen backlight. Makes it impossible to read. I thougt that maybe it went into some kind of holster mode and tried to put it back in a few times but no luck. Think the actual backlight burned out?