I am having trouble backing up my device for my 8703e. It is not for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

SP6380 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Backup Issues with 8703e and Email Question

Advertisement

I am having trouble backing up my device for my 8703e. It is not for an enterprise server. When I back the data up, I am unable to open it on my computer. I am using desktop manager 4.3. Any suggestions would be great.

Also, when I send email from my gmail account...I always am copied on the email and it gets annoying because once the email is sent I receive one right on my blackberry. Does anyone know how to turn off this feature.

For example: If I send my friend an email on my blackberry from my gmail account...3 seconds later my phone will notify me that I have an email and it will be the email I sent to my friend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SP6380 View Post
    I am having trouble backing up my device for my 8703e. It is not for an enterprise server. When I back the data up, I am unable to open it on my computer. I am using desktop manager 4.3. Any suggestions would be great.
    You can't. It's stored on your computer, but you can't look at it there. What I do is use one of my older BBs lying around, use Desktop Manager to selectively restore whatever I want to refer to, and look at it there without disturbing my current BB.

SP6380 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mark,

Thanks for the reply. So there is no way other than the way you just stated that you can view your backup info?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    you can try a program called ABC Amber Berry Converter I believe it is called. You can use that to view the contents of a backup file.

www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

There is the link

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    you can try a program called ABC Amber Berry Converter I believe it is called. You can use that to view the contents of a backup file.

www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

There is the link
    Looks like a cool program - I'll amend my response to read: It can't be done on the computer for free -

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Apparently this post was put in duplicate threads: Here is the original...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=74493
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE