I'm having a major problem. Dropping my old 8700 in the toilet was bad enough, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sbasche no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Backup and restore database issue

Advertisement

I'm having a major problem. Dropping my old 8700 in the toilet was bad enough, but now I can't restore the database to a new 8700 I just bought. I've updated the software on the phone, and the desktop manager, but when I try to switch device or backup and restore I get an error message that the backup file does not appear to be a valid database devise file.

Any thoughts?

8700g t-mobile
    Windows XP

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like you may have a corrupt backup file. Have you tried more then 1 backup file? it is showing as a .ipd file? Is it a backup you did after you dropped the device in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by sbasche View Post
    I'm having a major problem. Dropping my old 8700 in the toilet was bad enough, but now I can't restore the database to a new 8700 I just bought. I've updated the software on the phone, and the desktop manager, but when I try to switch device or backup and restore I get an error message that the backup file does not appear to be a valid database devise file.

Any thoughts?

8700g t-mobile
    Windows XP
    Are you trying to restore Content Store or RMS?