I recently (a couple of weeks ago) upgraded my 8700c to 4.1.0.377. Ever since I've ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

Backlight (& other) issues after upgrade

Advertisement

I recently (a couple of weeks ago) upgraded my 8700c to 4.1.0.377. Ever since I've had a couple of odd issues.

Backlight settings are at max (2 min) but the screen switches OFF after perhaps 5-10 seconds. I have to poke the wheel all the time to keep the screen visible. (done a reset already several times.)

When I switch on speaker phone (alt-$ = speaker) I get a message window popping open (BIG GRAY SQUARE) which says "Use this key to insert a dollar, pound or euro sign by default. To select a default click a currency symbol. To change the default, in the Screen/Keyboard options, edit the Currency Key field. $. Note: This is precisely the keystroke pattern I've used for months with this phone to turn on speaker... now I get the added annoyance of having to click away this troublesome window.

For what it's worth I'm using the BB Dimension-Today theme though I don't believe that to be the problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Terry

marshall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E1AC7B
    Quote Originally Posted by taaustin
    I recently (a couple of weeks ago) upgraded my 8700c to 4.1.0.377. Ever since I've had a couple of odd issues.

Backlight settings are at max (2 min) but the screen switches OFF after perhaps 5-10 seconds. I have to poke the wheel all the time to keep the screen visible. (done a reset already several times.)

snip

I'm having the same trouble.
    Everything else seems to be function-
    ing correctly and haven't received any
    error windows.

Any suggestions would be great.

marshall

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    The backlight issue is definitely a bug in 4.1.0.377.