Does anyone faced frequently auto restart problem of 8700g? One of them reboots continuously just ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tanzim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2056042F

Post Auto Restart Problem

Advertisement

Does anyone faced frequently auto restart problem of 8700g? One of them reboots continuously just after initial glow from dark screen to light and another auto reboots when dialing any number!!! I'm not not sure this is happening. None of the device are damaged. Is there any way to flash the device and reinstall the handset OS? How to perform such task?

If anyone faced such incidents then please let me know a way out.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Auto Restart Problem

back up your hand held.
    download new OS from RIM or your carriers site. Connect the device via USB and run the installation file.

If that doesn't do it you might have defective device.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Auto Restart Problem

Hi Tanzim, Sorry that you are having that problem , Yes the device can be reloaded with a Windows PC, your Carriers should have the latest Desktop manager, and Hand Held software on their site to DL, you have to Install the DTM first and make sure it is closed before installing the HHS, after that you plug in the BB and run Apploader in the DTM. I hope this helps. as the 8700 is a little on the old side, I didn't find a list of OSs by carrier on the site. this kind of started after the Pearl came out. Sorry.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")