I have an 8703e through Sprint. Just activated 2 days ago, and I can't get ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

epbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Audio message alert does not work (checked profile settings)

Advertisement

I have an 8703e through Sprint. Just activated 2 days ago, and I can't get the audio alert to work with my emails. The text message alert works, just the emails don't work. I have the right profile enabled and it is off mute.
    I've also tried resetting and doing the 30 second thing with the power button. Am I missing something? I've tried another message board with no luck and also tech support. Please help!

The Wizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318A9770

Re: Audio message alert does not work (checked profile settings)

I was unable to get mine to work as well so I opted to download BB Alerts from www.handango.com and that has solved all my concerns with alerts. It does about everything you could ever need....check it out.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the stacs epbb, email alerts sould work right out of the box, no need to install 3rd party apps, if you've checked and verified everything on the profiles (tried normal profile-edit-messages be careful not to confuse messages with level one messages-selected tone-change out of holster field from either vibrate or none to tone - change in holster field from the same options - saved - pull battery and re-installed) then I would suggest that you reload the os on your blackberry, if this still does not resolve the issue, i would return it and get a new one. Let us know!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

So you've set an alert for Messages for the active profile and selected a volume? Does the alert play when you change the volume or the alert?

I'd also suggest a battery pull. You mentioned that you did a reset but didn't specify how you reset your BB.

epbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by likefre
    -selected tone-change out of holster field from either vibrate or none to tone -
    Okay I feel like an idiot. This was the problem. I was skipping this line and just focusing on the other ones. I guess it would've been much easier for me to figure out the problem if it didn't play the tones if it was in a "none" status.

Thanks a lot for the help!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

No problem..thats what we are here for....let us know if you have any more q's