I am ready to get a blackberry on Verizon. I have used a Tmobile 8700g ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jiholl5333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Would anyone still get New Verizon 8703e over newer ones??

Advertisement

I am ready to get a blackberry on Verizon. I have used a Tmobile 8700g from work and love the solid feel of the device..I just got new Curve as an upgrade to that...I do prefer the side Wheel of the 8700 series....so instead of Pearl 8130 or 8830, would it be crazy to get 8703e now...isn't it really outdated?...but I just cant resist that solid "feel". I would miss the VZNAv on the Pearl, but I guess Maps would suffice...I have only used VZNav once on my LG phone anyway?...thoughts?? thanks

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Would anyone still get New Verizon 8703e over newer ones??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You are right. The 8703e from Verizon is solid. However if you want to play any kind of audio or video then with Verizon you have to either get the 8830 with up to a 4gb microSD card or an 8130 with up to an 8gb microSD card.

jiholl5333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    You are right. The 8703e from Verizon is solid. However if you want to play any kind of audio or video then with Verizon you have to either get the 8830 with up to a 4gb microSD card or an 8130 with up to an 8gb microSD card.
    True...though I think I wil never use audio or video...really just need solid phone with email, occasional web....8703e just feels like an older mercedes...like a tank...compared to newer models that are small, slippery, etc..

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think you should definately go back to the 8703e. It's outdated in only few aspects but for the most part it's still everything you need. I for one will play my MP3 player or my CD player if I want to listen to music & I use my laptop for video. So if you're basic like me go 8703e.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

8703e all the way!

Its a bit heavier but its a solid and well built device and the keypad is perfect.