I have a BB 8703e through work. I have always seen the envelope icon in ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tangytang220 no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know what the double envelope (message notification symbol) means?

Advertisement

I have a BB 8703e through work. I have always seen the envelope icon in the upper left corner with a number indicating how many unread messages I have... (i.e.: 5 <envelope icon>). Just yesterday, I noticed that this envelope is always showing as a double envelope (there is an envelope with another envelope on top of it, layered) with the number of unread messages I have. This icon is brand new, I've never seen it before and I can't figure out what it means or stands for. Anyone know what this icon indicates? Thank you!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Anyone know what the double envelope (message notification symbol) means?

I checked the book for that symbol, and cant find it. Hopefully someone else knows. Hey, welcome to pinstack by the way.

Thank you! I couldn't find it either so I was hoping someone out there had an answer for me!

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

BB Messenger?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Do you know how to get a screenshot and post it? I must have done the same as CP, and I can't find a double envelope icon for BB. A picture of the offending icon would help.

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    Do you know how to get a screenshot and post it? I must have done the same as CP, and I can't find a double envelope icon for BB. A picture of the offending icon would help.
    I don't know how to do a screenshot since I can't seem to find this image anywhere. Literally, it looks like there is an envelope (like there is supposed to be to indicate a message is present in the upper left corner with the number of messages next to it, such as 1, 2, 3...) but then there is another envelope on top of that original envelope, slightly off center so that you can tell they are layered/stacked on top of each other. I've never seen this and at first, thought it indicated that there were multiple messages - but, even when there is only 1 message, it does this. It does not matter if it's a voicemail, SMS text message, or email message, they all show up as this icon with the number next to it now. Any clues?

SOTG Gambino no está en línea Stack level 2

For some reason, I think its the BB Messenger icon. I could be wrong, but I think thats what it is. If anyone knows for sure thats wrong, dont hesitate to correct me. If its not that, could it be a pin message icon? I dont know if those are different since Ive never sent or received one.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

It's definitely not the BBM. That icon on an 8703e I'd the numeral with a little bubble (like the comic books use to indicate someone is speaking.). I have no idea about this double icon. I've never seen it but am intrigued now.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: Anyone know what the double envelope (message notification symbol) means?

The documentation supplied with my VZW 8703e shows that icon as "filed message". Not sure why it is showing up now as opposed to the single envelope icon (aka "unread message"). Truthfully, I can't tell you whether I have ever had the single enveople appear on my device, but now it is definitely the double envelope, regardless of the account(s) that have unread messages on the device. Is it possible that something changed on VZW's (or RIM's) end that caused the change (i.e., as in the interface from the network to/from the device)?

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3

Sometimes when you don't listen to your voicemail all the way to the end, or if you just stop it and dont delete it, you will have a notification of it. It simply just needs you to call your voice mail, and start the message, then delete it. Let us know if this helps.
    Swede

sethlaz no está en línea Stack level 1

I had it for months, go into Messages, Options, General Options, and change Hide Filed Messages to No. That should change it back.