i just got my blackberry 8700g, I LOVE IT, but i had such call quality ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

anyone having "R2D2" 8700g problems?

Advertisement

i just got my blackberry 8700g, I LOVE IT, but i had such call quality problems that i had to swap it out for a new one. my friend said i sounded like r2d2. and actually, so did he. this new handset seems to be okay, but there have been a few dropped words already, which worries me-- i live in manhattan, so i don't think tmobile is the issue. has anyone else had trouble with call quality?

mm

Re: anyone having "R2D2" 8700g problems?

by the way, hi...i'm new

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack.com. Im on Sprint-Nextel and we experience this all the time, but not on BlackBerries. Thats the one thing about my Berry I love, Ive never had robotic voices! Good luck with that.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Welcome to pinstack. I have the Tmo 8700g and have had no problems with calls dropping or the quality of calls. I am in Florida. I often use a Bluetooth headset, and have never had any problems, with BT, with handsfree that came with the BB, or using just the phone. I do not use speakerphone much.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...5428#post25428 You may want to post on this thread. Welcome to the Stack.

mm

thanks everyone-- erica, i've posted on the thread you recommended.

cp6169, i switched from sprint/nextel for that exact reason!

melissaox, have you noticed a better quality with your in-the-box headset as opposed to just using the phone?

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome mm to Pinstack. I just left a response to your query in the other thread.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

better quality with the headset, honestly I don't notice a difference. I try to use BT whenever as it is just easier, but I can't say that there has been a difference that I have noticed.
    Do you have the BB in a case? I know with my 7100 that made a huge difference when I was not using a headset of some kind.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

So far so good. No problems from my 8700G. I rarely talk on it. I mostly do BB Messenging & AOL, Yahoo & MSN Messenging as well on it.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

mm

i haven't tried leaving it in the case, in fact, i haven't even opened the case... it's kinda fugly... i'll try the headset today

mm

by the way, the 7100 came with a leatherish case, right? the 8700 case is a hard plastic thing that covers the back. do you think the mike sensitivity could be dampened by the case?