Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cingular gave me my unlock code with no issues, but it takes about 2 days ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Anyone can unlock 8700g?

Advertisement

Cingular gave me my unlock code with no issues, but it takes about 2 days for them to email it to you.
    Michael

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You have two choices when it comes to unlocking:

The carrier that originally sold the device or an unlocking service. That's it.

joe90 no está en línea Stack level 1

how do you know that the problem with a BB is a unlocking problem,my BB says it "invalid sim card",when i switch the wireless on,and when i went to a unlocking service says it cannot find my IMEI i gave them from the side of the box it came in, is it not registered ?.so cannot do much with it,i have the possible box but can i find the imei by tapping some keys on the BB,?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

the IMEI number is under the battery too. Verify that they match up.
    Michael

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Cpluse
    Well i didnt get the phone from tmobile it is for tmobile thou. I got it off ebay, but getting the service with tmobile. Do i still need to unlock it. Or they should be able to do it for me.
    You will have no problem getting an unlock code from T-mo. I bought my 8700g off ebay too and got the code within several days.

Like mensioned above, you have to be with them for at least 3 months.

Also, if you will be sticking with t-mo, there is no need for unlocking. However, why not, it's free

GeeMrScience no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by joe90
    how do you know that the problem with a BB is a unlocking problem,my BB says it "invalid sim card",when i switch the wireless on,and when i went to a unlocking service says it cannot find my IMEI i gave them from the side of the box it came in, is it not registered ?.so cannot do much with it,i have the possible box but can i find the imei by tapping some keys on the BB,?
    You can get your IMEI number in Options > Status

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

www.gsmphonesource.com

best site i have had experience with. unlocked all the blackberries i own....

Cpluse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D40CB0

Thumbs up Re: Anyone can unlock 8700g?

Quote Originally Posted by hchai
    You will have no problem getting an unlock code from T-mo. I bought my 8700g off ebay too and got the code within several days.

Like mensioned above, you have to be with them for at least 3 months.

Also, if you will be sticking with t-mo, there is no need for unlocking. However, why not, it's free
    Thank you, this was the direct answer I was looking for. So there is no need to unlock because i will be using tmobile anyway. And if i want to unlock it, i can just wait 3 months. Everyone here is on point. I know now i made the correct choice of getting a BB. Speak of the D, FedEx is here with my BB. Open Open....

joe90 no está en línea Stack level 1

back again, the two imei numbers on the box side and under the battery match and talking to the previous owner who says it is unlocked so maybe there is another reason for the "invalid sim card".coming up when i switch the wireless on,like i said in another post the unlocking company could not find the imei number i gave them,or someone is wrong in their thinking.is there other reasons for a invalid sim card error message,the box is vodafone uk and the screen starts with vodafone,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12