I have a 8700f on Orange. The logo on the screen to tell me I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

MZ955Q no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24fd376c

Answerphone Logo/Symbol

Advertisement

I have a 8700f on Orange. The logo on the screen to tell me I have an answerphone message is permanantly on, even though I have no answerphone messages in my inbox.

I called Orange to get my answerphone reset, and this didn't work, they tell me it is a known fault and they are waiting for a fix. However my colleagues do not seem to be suffering from the same problem

Anyone got any ideas.

Many Thanks

Damian

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C

Re: Answerphone Logo/Symbol

is answerphone the same as voicemail?

if so youll need to reinstall the OS, this happened to me once and an os reinstall fixed it, maybe take your sim out first so you dont receive any calls

Quote Originally Posted by MZ955Q View Post
    I have a 8700f on Orange. The logo on the screen to tell me I have an answerphone message is permanantly on, even though I have no answerphone messages in my inbox.

I called Orange to get my answerphone reset, and this didn't work, they tell me it is a known fault and they are waiting for a fix. However my colleagues do not seem to be suffering from the same problem

Anyone got any ideas.

Many Thanks

Damian
    It's a common problem, but with an easy fix. From another line, call your mobile number and leave yourself a voicemail. Then access your voicemail from your mobile, delete the message you sent yourself, and the icon will turn off.

PIN/ID
    24fd376c

Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    is answerphone the same as voicemail?

if so youll need to reinstall the OS, this happened to me once and an os reinstall fixed it, maybe take your sim out first so you dont receive any calls
    Yes it is, I will try this, I have found a slightly later version than the one on my phone, not 4.2 though, Orange seem to only be offering 4.10.3 something, I currently have V4.10.286

Will an OS install wipe my BB

Cheers

PIN/ID
    24fd376c

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    It's a common problem, but with an easy fix. From another line, call your mobile number and leave yourself a voicemail. Then access your voicemail from your mobile, delete the message you sent yourself, and the icon will turn off.
    The lady at Orange tried this, plus I get many voicemails everyday and no matter how many I listen to and delelte the icon still remains

Cheers