I have a Verizon 8703e and on incoming calls the phone only rings once. I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

emomoney no está en línea Stack level 2

Am I missing something? One ring?

Advertisement

I have a Verizon 8703e and on incoming calls the phone only rings once. I cannot find any option in the profiles to make it ring more than once, only vibrate more than once. Am I missing something?

robeast258 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2407FECC

Re: Am I missing something? One ring?

saw your post and I told my boy to help you out. He has a 8703e on verizon

Mdeghym no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    306811da

What kind of operating system are you using 4.1 or 4.2 either way you are going to have to go to the menu for your profiles and change your settings there. go into the advanced profile menu that lets you edit your options. scroll up to loud click down on your click wheel and select edit. scroll down to the option that says phone and pick your settings in there.

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

On my 8703 on 4.2 I found that assigning a ringtone to a contact, no matter what, it would only ring once, if at all, no matter what ringtone, profile setting or profile (with sound) I had selected. When a global ring was selected (or a contact with no custom ring) ringing would be normal. I even changed security settings to no avail. The berry would wake up right away the call was received (screen on, caller id), eventually ringed once maybe, then went to voicemail. weird

emomoney no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mdeghym View Post
    What kind of operating system are you using 4.1 or 4.2 either way you are going to have to go to the menu for your profiles and change your settings there. go into the advanced profile menu that lets you edit your options. scroll up to loud click down on your click wheel and select edit. scroll down to the option that says phone and pick your settings in there.
    It's 4.2. So is the Loud profile the only one that will ring more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by emomoney View Post
    It's 4.2. So is the Loud profile the only one that will ring more than once?
    No, you can set any profile to ring more than once. It's Profiles>Choose whichever profile you want to edit>choose which ap you want to edit > then change "number of beeps" ("Number of Beeps" is OS 4.1, hopefully in newer OSs it has different wording). Also, you can create profiles if you want, and determine how they ring, too. I think the only profile where this type of editing is unavailable is "off".

The 8700 series is polyphonic, too, so you also have the option to choose some of the longer tones. Some of them play a long time. Also, you can download longer tones to your device, if you've got 4.2 or newer. 'Tis the time of year for Christmas Carols, if you desire!