I have read some posts that state that Alltel severely restricts the BB TCP/IP access. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

indigent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B03AD7

Alltel 8703e

Advertisement

I have read some posts that state that Alltel severely restricts the BB TCP/IP access. They were a little dated, but is Alltel still doing this?

I currently have a BB w/ sprint and I'll get another device from Alltel if they are still restricting the TCP/IP access.

polycron no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B7945A

Re: Alltel 8703e

I haven't run into any problems myself. I'm on a BES and am not sure if that would be the reason why I'm not having any problems. All 3rd party apps using the net seem to work fine for me. Now if I could figure out how to unlock the GPS life would be great!!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I currently have a BB w/ sprint and I'll get another device from Alltel if they are still restricting the TCP/IP access.
    So you do want the restriction? Because Sprint & Alltel & Verizon all block access to TCP/IP settings. They are preset for you.

indigent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B03AD7

No, I don't want the restriction. I was under the impression that Alltel BB's were more "regulated" than sprint's are.

Basically I want to be able to move from Sprint to Alltel and not have my BB be so locked down that I regret the move. I'd stay w/ sprint but the area we just moved to has HORRIBLE sprint service.

lherrera1976 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Where is it that you moved to? Alltel has a 30 day guarantee policy on all of there Smartphone device, so you can sign up try the (settings, reception, cost, and service levels for yourself) for a whole 30 days and if you are not satisfied, you can return the device, for a full refund. And cancel service with no penalty. Let me know where you live and I will get you the name and contact info of a great local Alltel representative. Who can address any issues and concerns you have and set you up with service.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

No, I don't want the restriction. I was under the impression that Alltel BB's were more "regulated" than sprint's are.
    Gotcha, just misread your post then...

Basically I want to be able to move from Sprint to Alltel and not have my BB be so locked down that I regret the move. I'd stay w/ sprint but the area we just moved to has HORRIBLE sprint service.
    You shouldnt have any issues. As mentioned above "test the waters" and see what happens.

tomaspistola no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301AA6A1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are in the little rock area pm me and ill get you taken care of.

budah2025 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B3BEB4

Mine is on Alltel and I have had no problems with mine.

I got my Alltel agent adicted to his now too.
    Last edited by budah2025; 04-26-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged.