Which sound category is used for the 'Alarm"? I'd like to create a custom profile ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Alarm sound setting?

Advertisement

Which sound category is used for the 'Alarm"? I'd like to create a custom profile that turns off phone, message notification etc, but will still let an alarm through. Very handy for placing it on the bedside table and having the alarm wake me up yet not letting the other distractions disturb my sleep.

Thanks,

Terry

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Alarm sound setting?

I don't know of a custom profile you can create to do this the alarm sounds are under the alarm settings. You can however change the sound profile to quiet at night or whenever you need silence and set your alarm to whatever time and whatever tune you prefer the alarm will still play even though the sound profile is set to quiet, I just tested it. No other sounds will be audible only the alarm you have set.

appleuzr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

you can also power off the phone. The phone will power itself back up for whatever time you have the alarm for. I stumbled upon this option this morning while restarting my phone. I was powering it off and it said the phone would reactivate itself at 6:55 AM, which is the time of my alarm every morning.

vw1pntatet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420a639

I set my phone to phone only w/ the alarm on. It will still go off. I have even had my profile set to vibrate and the alarm still worked.

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

Yes, think you will find the Alarm (as in time to wake up etc) is separate from from the other notifications controlled in the profiles.