Hi All, Something weird happened this past weekend with my Alarm app (which I think ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

Alarm

Advertisement

Hi All,

Something weird happened this past weekend with my Alarm app (which I think others may have had issues with as well). Let me say this first...I have never used the alarm app.

My wife was in need of an alarm clock where we were staying...so I offered up my trusty BB 8703e. The alarm failed to go off! I checked everything, and tried to get it to work using 1 minute increments to check it. Well, it seems sometimes it goes off, and sometimes it doesn't! Seems like a bug in the app.

Verizon wanted me to do a hard reset, and then get a newly refurbished unit which I wasn't crazy about.

My first question is: have others had alarm app issues?

So, I figure, let me abandon the BB alarm app and try this one that everyone loves so much http://lhurtado.vtrbandaancha.net/MyAlarm.html

When I tried to install the .alx with the desktop manager (PC) file it told me there weren't any new apps to install. HELP!!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by captain6497
    Hi All,

Something weird happened this past weekend with my Alarm app (which I think others may have had issues with as well). Let me say this first...I have never used the alarm app.

My wife was in need of an alarm clock where we were staying...so I offered up my trusty BB 8703e. The alarm failed to go off! I checked everything, and tried to get it to work using 1 minute increments to check it. Well, it seems sometimes it goes off, and sometimes it doesn't! Seems like a bug in the app.

Verizon wanted me to do a hard reset, and then get a newly refurbished unit which I wasn't crazy about.

My first question is: have others had alarm app issues?

So, I figure, let me abandon the BB alarm app and try this one that everyone loves so much http://lhurtado.vtrbandaancha.net/MyAlarm.html

When I tried to install the .alx with the desktop manager (PC) file it told me there weren't any new apps to install. HELP!!

Try this and I have the same problem for some crazy reason and it works for me.

I downloaded this file just now and I see that it downloads in a folder labled "20070725MyAlarm".

1. Right click on your desktop and create a " new folder". Don't relable or rename this folder just leave it named "new folder". Now copy and paste the files from the "20070725MyAlarm" folder into the "new folder".
    2. Now go to your desktop manager to "add" and it should recognize the alx file in the new folder needed to add the program to your BB.

Hope this works for you also

captain6497 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks. I got through that, and now it says Class 'javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection' not found." I gather it doesn't work on the 4.1 OS.

Its really annoying that the BB app that comes with it doesn't work.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by captain6497
    Thanks. I got through that, and now it says Class 'javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection' not found." I gather it doesn't work on the 4.1 OS.

Its really annoying that the BB app that comes with it doesn't work.
    Sorry to hear that and I am not familiar with that error. Maybe someone who has knowledge of that error code will be along soon