Hello, I am newb to the whole bb thing. I recently purchased a 8700g and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

paxtonesand no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM OZ buddy list problems

Advertisement

Hello,
    I am newb to the whole bb thing. I recently purchased a 8700g and downloaded the AIM program OZ. Heres my problem, everytime i sign on thats when it lets me. I have no buddys, it may be a easy question but coming from a sidekick where everything is handed to you on a silver platter. Any help getting my buddy list on the BB would be amazing.

Thanks

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: AIM OZ buddy list problems

did you try the program ramble? I don't know anything about OZ, but im sure someone else here will know

paxtonesand no está en línea Stack level 1

i tried rambler it seems to have the same thing. I dont know how to get my buddy list over? And i dont think im in the mood to maunally add everyone. any help would be awesome.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Umm...well....your AIM client should automatically show everyone who is currently online...I would check your settings on your CPU AIM client to make sure its set to allow you to log on on a mobile.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Sometimes there is a delay in the AIM contacts loading. Make sure you give it enough time. I use the Tmo OZ AIM all the time and it always loads all my contacts. Doesn't always let me add, but that is another problem.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

TMO's OZ app- looks great but performance is still buggy. For example I CANNOT see my buddy list at all and Unless someone IM's me I have no idea that they're online.

BUT more importantly than performance is the fact that TMO's OZ app uses SMS messaging to relay ALL your IM's- thereby CHARGING YOU AN TXT MESSAGE FEE PER MESSAGE. If you have a 400 message plan think about how fast that will get used up during a typical hour of you chatting with 2 or 3 buddies online ?

YOU- HI (charged)
    THEM- HEY WHATS UP (charged)
    YOU- Nothing Much (charged)

ETC ETC ETC

I highly recommend downloading a 3rd party application like Ramble, IM+ or YAK ON-

Ramble is FREE
    IM+ is a ONE TIME FEE
    YAK ON- ONE TIME FEE

These apps communicate thru the data channels which you already have an UNLIMITED plan for.

Hope you found this helpful.

christos007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Im new to the blackberry scene as well. Im having the same problem though. My buddylist wont load. Only 4 people load. What is ramble? And how can I DL that onto my phone?