Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you can go for one of the newest models is totally worth it.... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: Advice needed...

Advertisement

If you can go for one of the newest models is totally worth it.
    ~posted via opera mini~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

So have you made your decision on what you want to do with your device? Are you going to one of the newer models or staying with what you have. I feel the newer ones have some great features that an older device might not have. The best bet is to go to your local wireless store and play with the demos if they have them available. That way you can get a good feel for the devices. . ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    If you can go for one of the newest models is totally worth it.
    But as I've gone up through my blackberrys: 6230>7230>7290>7100t>7105t>8700g, I've noticed that they get slower and s-l-o-w-e-r. I've settled on the 7290 because it seems to have the best balance of "modern" features and speed. My old 6230 (I still have it) is fast, deadly accurate. But my 8700 was comparatively slow, seemed to only operate at a liesurely pace, especially after installing 4.2. Is this the case with the newest BBs? Are they progressively slower?

lfer1029 no está en línea Stack level 5

i love the 8830, a lot cooler than the 8703

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    But as I've gone up through my blackberrys: 6230>7230>7290>7100t>7105t>8700g, I've noticed that they get slower and s-l-o-w-e-r. I've settled on the 7290 because it seems to have the best balance of "modern" features and speed. My old 6230 (I still have it) is fast, deadly accurate. But my 8700 was comparatively slow, seemed to only operate at a liesurely pace, especially after installing 4.2. Is this the case with the newest BBs? Are they progressively slower?
    I think with more to do (added features) and using the same processor ( i think) the devices have slowed down a bit. Not enough to really bother me but i know what you are saying as far as the older models. 7290 rocks. Quick, reliable, and bullet proof.

lfer1029 no está en línea Stack level 5

I have never even seen all the models you guys are talking about..haha, i wish i could play around with all of them to see the differences. I have to play around with them first to decide if I like them, I can't just read about them.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by joek71
    I have the 8703e and i love it, i played with the 8830 but was not thrilled with, will wait for the curve, it will be coming in 2008. If i be you i would wait for the curve.
    There has been NO definite info, to my knowledge, for a CDMA 83XX. So, the best we can do is HOPE. If you look at how long it took to get a CDMA 81XX, we're in for a wait. Wouldn't get too excited. Kind of like the OS v4.2 for the 8703e that never happened.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    There has been NO definite info, to my knowledge, for a CDMA 83XX. So, the best we can do is HOPE. If you look at how long it took to get a CDMA 81XX, we're in for a wait. Wouldn't get too excited. Kind of like the OS v4.2 for the 8703e that never happened.
    yeah i think the only phone that sprint will be getting like the curve is the 8830
    ...i think your right
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12