Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just recently purchased an 8703e, but I've been hearing they are not the best. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lfer1029 no está en línea Stack level 5

Advice needed...

Advertisement

I just recently purchased an 8703e, but I've been hearing they are not the best. Should I exchange it for an 8830 instead?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Advice needed...

the 8830 is newer and has some features the 8703 might not offer. Go play with a 8830 and see what you think.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by lfer1029
    I just recently purchased an 8703e, but I've been hearing they are not the best. Should I exchange it for an 8830 instead?
    87xx devices are very, very good. However, they don't fit everyone's needs -- people that are after a business/PIM type of handheld would be extremely happy, but folks that want Multimedia may be happier with something else. Honestly assess your needs and desires in a handheld, then make a decision based on what each model of handheld can offer. Here's a good listing of the different BB models with accurate descriptions: http://www.gsmarena.com/ . Find BlackBerry on the list on the left side of this page, and it will take you to a list of many available models.

It all depends on if I will even use the features. I'm not a wiz with these phones, and I will probably never know what I can and cannot do with my 8703 until I figure it out, by then it could be too late to exchange it. It would be nice to know what the 8830 has to offer before I get it.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I recently updated from the 8700 to a curve 8300 and I absolutely love that I can listen to music on it, plus it has a camera. if you think you might use those features, I would go for a curve. you'll want to get a secure digital card too but those are very cheap.

what about a 7100i? You see I have Sprint and they don't offer that many models of blackberry.

PIN/ID
    ask

um no..... lolol outdated berry IMHO. With the Pearl out and all it can do if you want a smaller BB then go Pearl. 7100 doesnt have the RAM the new ones do..
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    ask

Some info on the Sprint Pearl.
    Sprint Introduces the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, A Polished Package To Keep Customers Connected, Informed and Entertained At SprintSpeed™

First Sprint-powered BlackBerry smartphone to support Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV(SM)
    Built-in GPS, 2 mega-pixel camera, external microSD slot and stereo Bluetooth just some of the many enhancements for this next-generation BlackBerry Pearl

BlackBerry Pearl 8130 Fact Sheet (pdf)

Overland Park, Kan. — 10/10/2007
    Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced plans to offer the BlackBerry® Pearl 8130 next month, giving customers the complete BlackBerry smartphone experience, including exciting new multimedia and communications capabilities for both personal and business use. Sporting a thin, sleek design, this amethyst-colored smartphone supports the broadest range of Sprint Power Vision Services ever offered on a BlackBerry device. Besides accessing core capabilities like calendar management, personal and corporate email, and viewing documents, customers can also take advantage of exclusive Sprint services like:

• Sprint Music Store – Download stereo-quality tracks instantly over the air. Choose songs from thousands of artists in virtually every genre.
    • Sprint TV(SM) – Watch live TV or video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound or catch the latest news, sports, weather, entertainment and movie trailers on the go. Choose from more than 50 live television channels.
    • OnDemand – Set up personal preferences and get customized news, sports, movies, and weather updates all based on your zip code. Stay informed and connected regardless of where you are on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
    • Sprint Navigation – As the first carrier to offer GPS-capable BlackBerry devices, Sprint continues this innovation with support for Sprint Navigation which delivers voice-guided and on-screen turn-by-turn GPS-enabled driving directions, 3-D moving maps similar to an in-car navigation system or personal navigation device, as well as local search and real-time intelligent traffic alerts and one-click rerouting, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    um no..... lolol outdated berry IMHO. With the Pearl out and all it can do if you want a smaller BB then go Pearl. 7100 doesnt have the RAM the new ones do..
    I was unaware the new BlackBerrys used RAM -- I thought they were like the older models and used Flash. When and why did they change?

7100 is only outdated relative to a user's needs. For some (who want Multimedia, camera, etc.) it is; but for business/PIM users it's wonderful, and if you don't have a lot of pictures and music the 32mb of flash memory is plenty. Like I said in my other post, individuals should honestly assess their needs and wants, then study and choose the right handheld. My 7290 is horribly outdated compared to many newer BB models, but it's perfect for my needs and I'm very happy with it

well i got the 8830 what a difference

simonminshall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2068A03C

Good on ya. Maybe on your upgrade from the 8830 to whatever device you'll consult the guys here prior to purchasing the device. They are bursting with knowledge. They'll help you along very quickly and ensure you get the right device 1st time.

Pinstack is a wealth of knowledge.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by lfer1029
    well i got the 8830 what a difference
    Congratulations! Is it n-i-c-e??

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

I have the 8703e and i love it, i played with the 8830 but was not thrilled with, will wait for the curve, it will be coming in 2008. If i be you i would wait for the curve.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the 8703e with sprint. I don't need the mutimedia. I love it. I'm waiting for the Curve. Tried the 88xx keyboard, I didn't like it at all.

preuegl no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had complaints from our users in the past regarding phone quality on the 8700c. Otherwise, very good device. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast