I have a user with an interesting issue, maybe someone else has run into it: ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

Address book issue

Advertisement

I have a user with an interesting issue, maybe someone else has run into it:

The user updates one person's phone number in the address book.The information is somehow added to somebody else profile. She realized the issue when she went to call person number 2 and it dialed person number 1 instead. It has happened to this user twice, but I have not heard of the issue prior. The device is an 8703 on Cingular service. Anybody run into this before? I'll assume that if nobody has run into this before it may be an issue with this user.

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

Re: Address book issue

Sounds like a newbie issue, not a berry issue

mcashman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae5c7c

That was my thinking, but it's happened twice and it's not like the names that it's switching are anywhere near each other alphabetically. If it were 2 names right next to each other it would be more realistic that the user was clicking on the wrong name. Oh well...thought I'd throw the issue out and see if anyone else had experienced it. Thanks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Mcashman, I have not heard of this issue either. Have you had her do a cold boot (battery pull with unit on, wait 30 seconds, battery back in) to reset the unit and memory?