Does anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of contacts that the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bt64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3014B169

Address Book Capacity

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is a limitation on the # of contacts that the BB Address Book can handle? If so, does anyone know how to increase the number of contacts?

I just transferred over to BB from an older Windows PDA. I never had any problems with the # of contacts in my Windows PDA, but there seems to be a problem with the BB stopping at 4200.

Thanks.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Address Book Capacity

Hi and Welcome to the Stacks bt64.

4200?? How long do you have to scroll? LOL.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

bt64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3014B169

Thanks for the welcome. I'm new at this forum stuff.

Yes, 4200 seems like a lot, but our corp database has even more. I'm in sales and this lists all of the contacts we've developed.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow. I always heard the from the 8700 specs that the address book was unlimited except by memory constraints. If you trying to add manually, and it doesn't let you try syncing with Outlook or such address book. That may be the ticket. If not the only alternative I see is to store the number in an email, in memopad, or on a site accessible via web.
    Honestly I've never heard of anyone coming close to a limit, but you take the cake.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

No limit on entries that I'm aware of. There's several users @ work that are past the 5000 entry mark. (You don't want to know how many emails some of them have on their BBs.)

Usually when the synch stops at a certain point, there's a record the BB doesn't like or can't read.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello bt64, welcome to pinstack. The only issue would be memory capacity, the phonebook has an unlimited storage capacity.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

bt64, Welcome to PinStack. Go to Options/Status and tell us what your free memory is.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Wow 4200, that's awesome! I thought I was doing something with 151 entries LOL!!!! The only limitation I've known as well is memory capacity. Make sure you're not running low on memory.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!

williammuk no está en línea Stack level 2

Just to share, we support a user who has about 8000 entries in his Outlook Contacts. We had lots of problems during the initial OTA enterprise activation to his 7290 as it kept hanging when it came to syncing the Contacts.

Eventually, we moved all the Contacts into another folder so that the enterprise activation can complete successfully first. Then, we move 1000 entries at a time back into the Contacts folder and let the OTA synchronisation happen. If I recall correctly, it took about an hour each time.

Couple of months ago he traded up to a 8700g. OTA enterprise activation and synchronisation was much less painful. Didn't have to do it 1000 at a time anymore. I think it took about 1 to 2 hours for the whole activation to complete.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Surely you don't know that many people?

williammuk no está en línea Stack level 2

It's not me -- it's a user I support.

In actual fact, there were lots of duplicate names. The user acknowledged that some housekeeping is in order but since he is a VIP user, I'm not about to insist that he gets it done before I help him with the enterprise activation.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Ah, I feel you on that one! Am in the same boat, some of my VP's have NO CLUE! Nonetheless I hope there is an easy fix to resolve the 'dupes'...

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90

We call them secretaries or executive assistants here.

They have access to their attorney's address books, and we can usually get them (well, some of them) to clean them up, allowing us to back up and clear it on the handheld, then just re-synch.

I do know the desktop manager doesn't like blank entries though. We've had many fail to synch only for it to be a blank entry in the user's contacts. Delete it, and it rolls on through.

If it's Outlook, I have a vague recollection of there being some de-dupe utilities out there for it. Haven't looked in years though.