If this has been covered elsewhere, my apologies ahead of time and someone please point ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Opus1993 no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding more than one cell phone

Advertisement

If this has been covered elsewhere, my apologies ahead of time and someone please point me in that direction.

I have a contact with a home number, and two cell numbers, which I'd like to add to the contact. I did add them to User1 and User2 and changed the field name, but they don't come up when your making a call to that person. I also tried adding the cell numbers within my address book in Lotus notes, but after syching, they show up as Fax, Mobile and Work, even though I've changed the field name in Lotus notes...so when you bring up the contact to make a call, the BB gives you those three options, not, home, David's cell, Kathy's cell.

Any advice? I'm using a 8703e. I guess what I'm trying to do is find a way to change the fields in the address book, beyond the User1, User2, etc., so that when I choose to call a contact, I am offered the three new fields...home, David's Cell, Kathy's Cell. Right now, it shows Work, Mobile and Fax
    Last edited by Opus1993; 02-20-2008 at 09:54 AM.

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

Re: Adding more than one cell phone

you want "home - davids cell - and kathys cell" to come up when you do what?

im not understanding what you want it to do

each person has their own entry - so if you bring up "kathy" - it should have "kathy home - kathy cell - kathy work" etc

Opus1993 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ameilius-

This is all under one entry (name). There are two cell phones in the family, and a home number. What I want it to do is when you have multiple phone number entries in a contact, it sometimes comes up "office" "home" "cell". I want to be able to change that where it comes up as "Home" "David's cell" "Kathy's cell"

Does that make more sense?

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

i dont think you can - thats hardcoded into the firmware/software i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1993 View Post
    If this has been covered elsewhere, my apologies ahead of time and someone please point me in that direction.

I have a contact with a home number, and two cell numbers, which I'd like to add to the contact. I did add them to User1 and User2 and changed the field name, but they don't come up when your making a call to that person. I also tried adding the cell numbers within my address book in Lotus notes, but after syching, they show up as Fax, Mobile and Work, even though I've changed the field name in Lotus notes...so when you bring up the contact to make a call, the BB gives you those three options, not, home, David's cell, Kathy's cell.

Any advice? I'm using a 8703e. I guess what I'm trying to do is find a way to change the fields in the address book, beyond the User1, User2, etc., so that when I choose to call a contact, I am offered the three new fields...home, David's Cell, Kathy's Cell. Right now, it shows Work, Mobile and Fax
    Separate phone entries and add pictures. For example, your contact is named Mildred, and Mildred has two cell phones and a home phone. Instead of putting Mildred's three numbers into one Address Book entry, put her name in three separate entries; and then place one number in each entry. Then for kicks, use DM to download pictures of a cell phone and a home phone, then assign the pictures to the appropriate entry. So, entry one: Put "Mildred" in the name field, the phone number in "Mobile", then if you want to differentiate between the two cell phones, put "Nokia" (or whatever) in the "Last" field. Then assign a picture of a cell phone to that entry. Then make entry two: a completely different address book entry with Mildred's name; and then a third entry. Then, bonus, whenever you want to text Mildred your 87xx won't continually annoy you with the "SMS Which Number?" popup!!