Dear Friends, I have a few questions on using my Desktop Manager Software. I have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

joezep1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding data to Handheld from Computer

Advertisement

Dear Friends,

I have a few questions on using my Desktop Manager Software. I have addeds some third party software. Now when I try to add some S/W I removed that came with the device it says it must 1st remove all the 3rd party software...I don't want to remove anything. I just want to add some. Also, I have added a program called mobi-reader which loaded ok as a third party app but now my question is how do I move the Text files or the pdf files from my computer to the handheld so I can read them with my new reader....?? Thanks.....

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You have to install the Mobipocket Reader PC version to your PC to transfer the files to your BB. I use this program and I love it! Here is the link to the review done on it a while ago! Enjoy!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...erry_beta.html

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    joezep1, Welcome to PinStack.

What device are you using? It will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device, Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joezep1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Adding data to Handheld from Computer

Thanks Rcbjr, I have updated my profile to better help in the future! Have a great day!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

joe, did you get the original problem solved? Being on a BES, your BB Admins may have restricted what you can install on your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Mr. Belleza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Greetings:

I've installed MobiPocket Reader ver. 5.2 on my BBPearl. I have installed on my BB and PC:
    • Deskstop Manager Software (4.2.0.14)
    • Handheld Software (4.2.0.64)
    I have successfully downloaded a plethora of eBooks onto my PC. And it seems that I have "successfully" transferred them to my BBPearl. However, when I activate the MobiPocket Reader on my BBPearl, it shows an EMPTY library. All the eBooks I've transferred to the BBPearl show up in the Desktop Manager. How do I "make" MobiPocket Reader ACCESS my SDcard?!

Thanks for any insight!
    ~RB

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Mr. Belleza, Welcome to PinStack.

I am not familiar with the MobiPocket reader, but it may be that it won't read the Media Card memory because it was developed for previous BB devices and hasn't been updated for the Pearl yet. I suggest you contact the developer and pose this question to them.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    just ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Mr. Belleza, Welcome to PinStack.

I am not familiar with the MobiPocket reader, but it may be that it won't read the Media Card memory because it was developed for previous BB devices and hasn't been updated for the Pearl yet. I suggest you contact the developer and pose this question to them.

Rcbjr
    Thanks for getting back to me. FYI, I went to their website and visited their FAQ section....evidently I'm not the only one with this "problem". You are correct in stating that the reader was developed for previous BB devices, but, the developer has acknowledged owners of the BBPearl and is working on a "fix".

PIN/ID
    just ask

MobiPocket Reader

All,
    Evidently, the new version 6.0 of MobiPocket Reader NOW supports SD cards. According to MobiPocket's website:

Blackberry Pearl support:
    Note: The SD-card on Blackberry is supported with the Mobipocket Desktop Reader 6.0 Build 566 or greater.
    • Pearl button and new menu button support.
    • SD card support (just arrived).
    • SD card support with the Mobipocket Desktop Reader (just arrived).

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for the update.

Great news.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

I've also just installed Mobipocket to my BB and PC.

Previously I have been using a PPC and the MS Reader format for E-Books.

Was able to re-download most of the E-Books I have purchased over the years from Fictionwise.com in the Mobipocket format. Several were only in the MS Reader format so they are no use on the BB.

It is nice to have my library back and in my pocket again :-)

shelley28 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Belleza
    Greetings:

I've installed MobiPocket Reader ver. 5.2 on my BBPearl. I have installed on my BB and PC:
    • Deskstop Manager Software (4.2.0.14)
    • Handheld Software (4.2.0.64)
    I have successfully downloaded a plethora of eBooks onto my PC. And it seems that I have "successfully" transferred them to my BBPearl. However, when I activate the MobiPocket Reader on my BBPearl, it shows an EMPTY library. All the eBooks I've transferred to the BBPearl show up in the Desktop Manager. How do I "make" MobiPocket Reader ACCESS my SDcard?!

Thanks for any insight!
    ~RB
    i have d same problem with you, my list is also empty and it says that theres a problem with my transferring., the ebooks are all in my media crad but the mobipocket software cannot find it, anyone here knows d prblem?