I am trying to activate the mini opera on my bb 8700g and it is ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Muddy Ground no está en línea Stack level 2

Access point for mini opera

Advertisement

I am trying to activate the mini opera on my bb 8700g and it is asking for an access point for the bb to check the internet connection. Where is the access point on the bb. Have no idea what to point at. And it won't activate until I do that.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Access point for mini opera

One are you on a BES? Do you have your APN set? Thats in Options>advanced options>TCP click your trackwheel and under APN add, wap.voicestream.com leave your user name and password blank. Save and try to do a system check. Open opera, and when it asks to perform test, just hit enter. You should be good to go.

Unless you are on a BES, then you will need your systems administrator permission to activate opera.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Muddy Ground no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, cp6169, thanks very much for the help. It works and I think it is just great to have. I really didn't know the in depths of the BB but I am starting to see how useful it really is in everyday life. I didn't want a camera phone cause I had one and never used it, I don't want mp3 players or games or fancy wallpaper. I have my Oasis ringtone and that is good enough. I am not a business man, maybe soon but right now I use it for info and e-mail, and I love it. It is like my little buddy.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Good for you Muddy Ground, a down to earth post. One of the many things I like about this forum is the unpretentious tone of things. Here in the UK, BB tends to be about merchant bankers (rhyming slang intended ) ENJOY!