Ok,what's going on stackers?I had the worst possible thing happen last night.I was browsing around ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dudrsnacks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

A Tale of A Broken BB...User.

Advertisement

Ok,what's going on stackers?I had the worst possible thing happen last night.I was browsing around the internet and setting up my push accounts finally.When all of the sudden,the trackwheel started to stay pushed in.At first I didn't really think anything of it.Just kept browsing.And then it happened!I pressed it in...and heard a little crack.not the normal little click that it makes.now...the trackwheel was jammed.A sudden rush of panic washed over me like a cold black wave of iphones.I scrambled!Trying to pull the trackwheel out with a small knife.Only to discover,that it was useless.So,I had to go and find some tiny little freakin drivers.Because now...I had to take my BB apart!Having never done this before,I was alittle nervous.But even still,I took off the battery cover and got to work.I could have never imagined that there could be so much going on behind the plastic case of my 8700c!When I had finally got it completely disassembled.I discovered that there was a tiny little piece of metal sitting on the circuit board next to the trackwheel.It was the other piece of the trackwheel.I'm guessing the part that pushed the wheel back out.This is where I realize,that this is no quick fix.And I crumble,dropping my head in defeat,wanting to throw my BB against the wall,the thought of stabbing the screen with the screwdriver crosses my mind.But in the end...I love my 8700c far too much to just abuse her like that.She's been to good to me.So this is where any stacker who is reading this comes in.What would you do in my situation?Would you get on internet and find a replacement trackwheel?But I have to say taking the phone apart and putting it back together was quite a pain.Or would you use this as an excuse to buy a new BB(8300,8820)instead?I'm at a loss right now.My wonderful 8700c running on the 4.2os was the center of my world.Without it I'm going insane!I can't even TEXT from it right now!!!aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!and I don't talk on the phone.So communication is cut with everyone I know.Please give me your help and guidence.Thank you for your time stackers.

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

Re: A Tale of A Broken BB...User.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How long have you had it? You may be able to go to say a corporate verizon store (or t-mobile, et cetera) and get a replacement. If not it's probably time to upgrade, even if you could fix it the likelihood is it would no longer be the same.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Good Luck!

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

Your hosed dude. Good luck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

If it's not able to be fixed or replaced under warranty, I would take the opportunity to upgrade.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks
    Ok,what's going on stackers?I had the worst possible thing happen last night.I was browsing around the internet and setting up my push accounts finally.When all of the sudden,the trackwheel started to stay pushed in.At first I didn't really think anything of it.Just kept browsing.And then it happened!I pressed it in...and heard a little crack.not the normal little click that it makes.now...the trackwheel was jammed.A sudden rush of panic washed over me like a cold black wave of iphones.I scrambled!Trying to pull the trackwheel out with a small knife.Only to discover,that it was useless.So,I had to go and find some tiny little freakin drivers.Because now...I had to take my BB apart!Having never done this before,I was alittle nervous.But even still,I took off the battery cover and got to work.I could have never imagined that there could be so much going on behind the plastic case of my 8700c!When I had finally got it completely disassembled.I discovered that there was a tiny little piece of metal sitting on the circuit board next to the trackwheel.It was the other piece of the trackwheel.I'm guessing the part that pushed the wheel back out.This is where I realize,that this is no quick fix.And I crumble,dropping my head in defeat,wanting to throw my BB against the wall,the thought of stabbing the screen with the screwdriver crosses my mind.But in the end...I love my 8700c far too much to just abuse her like that.She's been to good to me.So this is where any stacker who is reading this comes in.What would you do in my situation?Would you get on internet and find a replacement trackwheel?But I have to say taking the phone apart and putting it back together was quite a pain.Or would you use this as an excuse to buy a new BB(8300,8820)instead?I'm at a loss right now.My wonderful 8700c running on the 4.2os was the center of my world.Without it I'm going insane!I can't even TEXT from it right now!!!aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!and I don't talk on the phone.So communication is cut with everyone I know.Please give me your help and guidence.Thank you for your time stackers.
    This is exactly why I took my 2nd 7105t back to the store right after it happened and got it replaced with my 1st Pearl.

dudrsnacks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e6a3aa

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I've made up my mind.I'm just gonna do what I've been wanting to do since I first layed eyes on it.I'm going to go and buy a BB Curve!well...as soon as I get the money for it.but as soon as that happens,the Curve is mine.because my 8700c was freaking sweet!but the Curve is just that much sweeter.I'd like to thank all the stackers that helped me come to this pricey decision.I know in the end its what I wanted all along.and a special thank you to erica,it was your post that helped me make the final decision.keep stacking!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah im not sure if that'll be covered undr warranty, ill call custoemr services and see if it will be covered if not use the opportunity like metion before to one of the newer devices