Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi People, Firstly thanks to the pinstack people for an excellent resourceful forum. Very handy ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

m0nk666 no está en línea Stack level 1

A few questions if yas dont mind.

Advertisement

Hi People,

Firstly thanks to the pinstack people for an excellent resourceful forum. Very handy indeed.

I am currently rolling out the 8700g model to my organisation and had a few "silly" "noob" questions for you.

If you have the time, I'd appreciate some input.

1) When typing an email to somone, and noticing an error a few lines up, how to you "cursor" to the offending mistake ?? Using the wheel doesnt move the cursor per se .. Is there a combo key I am missing in conjunction with the wheel ??

2) Memory. The device has 64mb ram. Is it part of it reserved for "Virtual Memory" or is that all for apps/tones/databases etc? I am receiving a "memory full" message when I try to subscibe some RSS feeds though mobi pocket reader and I dont have that much installed yet !!

3) Passwords: When putting in a password, it is masked. Can I disable the password masking. I am not sure if it "CAPS" the first letter of the password i am putting in and want to double check.

Thanks for your time .

Regards
    Last edited by m0nk666; 10-11-2006 at 07:10 AM.

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A few questions if yas dont mind.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome to the Stacks!

To move the cursor forward or backwards hold the ALT key while rolling the trackwheel. Is this what you're look for?
    If you want to highlight a specific word this can be accomplished by holding down the CAP key while rolling the trackwheel.

As for the passwords, I don't believe you can unmask them. This is not necessarily a retriction on the Blackberry but rather HTML coding used on password protected webpages.

Thanks for the fast response Garran . Yep, cursor tip was exactly what I was looking for

Regards

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Welcome to Pinstack.

That is overall memory on the device. You can check how much free memory you have left and used by going to options then scrolling down to status.

Or you can also hold the Alt then Cap Then H. It will also pull up some useful information.

Thanks for the tips. Its weird, 1 sec I seem to have about 4mb free then the next its show 44mb free .. So I was trying to figure out why the mobi pocket reader thing was moaning about no free space.. as I seem to have plenty !!

Regards

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Next time it does that, Try taking the battery out for a few seconds and then put it back in. Let your device reboot and then check it. This is called a hard reboot.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

m0nk666, Welcome to PinStack

And the track wheel should roll you cursor up or down one line per click. and as said above ALT+TW will roll it left and right.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This may seem a bit weird but one of my users asked if there was anyway to disble and the reenable mail to the bb device from the device itself ?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This may seem a bit weird but one of my users asked if there was anyway to disble and the reenable mail to the bb device from the device itself ? For example user a goes out but wants to use the phone part of the bb but doesn't want to receive emails when they are out

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't think it's possible to do so on BES.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can toggle the disable mail delivery when connected in Desktop Manager and that will stop delivery of mail when connected via USB to the desktop.

You can also try Messages->Options->Email Settings and switch Send Email to Handheld to No. I haven't used this myself as I don't see the point.

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by m0nk666
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ This may seem a bit weird but one of my users asked if there was anyway to disble and the reenable mail to the bb device from the device itself ? For example user a goes out but wants to use the phone part of the bb but doesn't want to receive emails when they are out
    Why not set the profile to Phone Only? This will stop the alerts for new e-mails but still allow the phone to ring. It may achieve the desired end result.

Dave

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Welcome m0nk666, I think all your questions were answered, but I'll let you know that the masked passwords do NOT have the first letter capitalized by default. All letters, including the first one, are lowercase unless the user manually capitalizes them. Hope this helps.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome! There are a couple of sites you can go to without benefit of an e-reader. One really nice site is Project Gutenberg: www.gutenberg.org.

Thanks for all your responses .. Great stuff

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast