Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two more questions if anyone is still listening: there are 3 icons at the top ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Argelius no está en línea Stack level 2

A few more newbie questions!

Advertisement

Two more questions if anyone is still listening: there are 3 icons at the top of my mail and browser screens that I can't find explained in my owners manual:

1. a little Envelope (?) with an "@" sign at the corner
    2. 3 little overlapping squares
    3. little page with a down arrow.

Sorry to ask these really stupid questions, but I swear these aren't listed in the manual from T-mobile...
    Finally, all my email accounts seem to be set up correctly (I can send emails just fine), however, my new messages are not seeming to get pushed to my Inbox -- they only seem to get there when I manually select "reconcile now".

I've had my service books resent a couple of times, but that doesn't seem to be solving the problem.

Thanks, all, for your excellent help!
    Last edited by Argelius; 04-24-2006 at 02:06 PM.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: A few more newbie questions!

Who are your email providers? Just an FYI to ANYONE that uses CompuServe or AOL, there servers are constantly Crashing for Mobile devices... so mail stops working foir them atleast on a monthly basis.. all your emails should come on their own.. they could have up to a 15 minute delay if you are on the BIE.

It is hard to tell without seeing the picture of the icons you are talking about? the envelope with a ?@ i have never seen.. maybe a draft you have somewhere without a recipients full email address? the 3 overlapping flashing squares sound like that cn be a service book waiting to be accepted. where exactly on your BlackBerry are you seeing these so I can tell you what they are.. or can you take a screen shot and post the picture?

My email provider is aplus.net.

Here are some pictures of the icons I'm talking about.

On the main screen there is the little page with a down arrow.

On the browser and messages screen there are the other icons.

See attachments (hopefully)!
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (36.1 KB, 37 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (35.0 KB, 20 views)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok...those are new to me.
    Let me ask:
    What kind of BB?
    What operating system?
    What Theme?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I am wondering if the one with the envelope and arrow down is indicative of having "Auto More" in a message that is in your inbox?

well means you have an unread wap push message of some type..

The open lock means you are on unsucured site usually or a private browser

unfort i forget what the 3 boxxes are though.. sorry
    Welcome to my World!

Actually are you on a BES? i think the 3 boxes means you are auto syncing , ill see if i can find more info on the 3 box icon .. as far as the wap push i dont know why you would actually get one on a black berry unless you are supscribed to something
    Welcome to my World!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    well http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...3&d=1145901311 means you have an unread wap push message of some type..
    Come to think of it now that you mentioned that, I am pretty sure that I had the same thing or something similar happen to me once. I was in an area that I couldn't access the internet, and instead of clicking "OK", I clicked on "Save This Message" or something similar to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Ok...those are new to me.
    Let me ask:
    What kind of BB?
    What operating system?
    What Theme?
    It's an 8700g
    The OS is 4.1 (? I think...whatever, it's the most up-to-date)
    The theme is MacBerry (but the identical icons appear regardless of what theme I am using).

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    Actually are you on a BES? i think the 3 boxes means you are auto syncing , ill see if i can find more info on the 3 box icon .. as far as the wap push i dont know why you would actually get one on a black berry unless you are supscribed to something
    Being a 2-day old Blackberry newbie, I'm not sure I am on BES (?Blackberry Enterprise Service). I think I am on BIS (?Blackberry Internet Service)

I think I may have subscribed to some push internet service (?weather)...not sure though. I'll try to find some unread messages somewhere in the bowels of my BB...

that wap push message might actually be from your old phone then it happens alot. I find no use for wap push messages so personally I turn them off but that is jsut me
    Welcome to my World!

what is a WAP Push message, anyway? My very brief google leads me to believe it's just an 'enhanced' SMS. I'm not sure who would send me one...so maybe I should just turn it off...

maybe if you bought a ringtone on an old phone or somethign like that.. it is usually an sms that has some kind of web linked download
    Welcome to my World!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    BTW I think I figured out the meaning of the page with the down arrow. I think it was some notification about a push web page. (I have my local weather as a push; when I viewed that page the icon disapperared...)

that would be it then it was some kind of push i dont do wap push i would do wap push if there was a nice RSS feed program maybe... I wish there was a RSS program that stayed running kinda like an IM client where its always there and feeding...

BTW i still ahve not found any info on it but im thinking jsut from trying out different pages.. is that the ones that have the 3 boxes appear all happened to be CSS pages as well.. maybe thats a way of telling you tis a CSS page incase you have style sheets turned off... jsut a guess though
    Welcome to my World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast