I have been searching for a smartphone/pda device that will permit CID display font scaling. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

woolygrrl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 87xx incoming CID display not scalable

Advertisement

I have been searching for a smartphone/pda device that will permit CID display font scaling. RIM advises me this is not a "feature" for which they code due to "usability" issues. I find this ironic because usability is my problem - I have a user with limited vision who needs ALL of the text displayed on his device's screen to be displayed using the largest, most legible font available - BBMillebank at 14pt (or "large" depending on the device).

The same gearhead at RIM suggested that a theme might be available to address this, or that we might build our own.

Quite frankly we aren't programmers and our company doesn't own any (we aren't geeks, we're greasemonkeys) - the nearest thing we have to a programmer is the accountant's kid who hacks bad javascript

So I ask - does a "theme" exist that'll let my user scale his incoming CID font? If not might somebody out there be willing to build one for us?

jestar15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    400DD044

Re: 87xx incoming CID display not scalable

Not sure if this will help, but there is a Photo Caller ID application by PhonePix that can be downloaded to the BB.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: 87xx incoming CID display not scalable

Welcome to Pinstack Woolygrrl!

You would have to get a theme made for this issue. I have perused the options and there are none to make the font for caller ID any bigger/smaller, nothing. namely bc the incoming call screen is a part of the theme.

There is a forum here for themes and there are many talented theme designers here that could probably help you with this. go here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...allpapers.html

and see if you can't request the theme there.