Hi all, I have a user currently in Japan and his 8707v isn't working. He's ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Fausto no está en línea Stack level 1

8707v in japan

Advertisement

Hi all,

I have a user currently in Japan and his 8707v isn't working. He's on the Vodafone Japan network with a 3G signal but its till not receiving mail.

We've spoken to Vodafone and gone through all their procedures but as yet it still isn't working but has worked numerous times before so its probably just a temporary problem.

The thing is there is a symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen next to the 3G symbol which the user describes as a " $" type sign, has anyone seen this before and know what it means.

thanks

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: 8707v in japan

bump
    Michael

tnf
    tnf no está en línea Stack level 1

I have no idea, and I will be looking into what symbol that is because I plan to go to Japan this august and want to get things figured out. (i have an 8707g). good luck, and keep us updated please!!! -tnf

BlueyHK no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 8707g and have used this successfully in both Japan and Korea. In Japan, I used the Vodafone network most of the time. There were periods, however, where I did not receive any e-mails but this never lasted too long. I think that it is just a network issue in Japan.

As for the dollar symbol, do you mean the four dot "BlackBerry" symbol? If yes, then this signifies that yuo have a 3G connection with DATA. If you just see the 3G and not four dot "BlackBerry" symbol then it means you have voice connection but no data. (It is the 3G equivalent of GPRS v gprs).

Hope that this helps.

aabbl100 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, I'm a Blackberry user in Japan and my BB device is also 8707 series. My colleague in China (Shanghai) and EU are using 8707v as well as you, and there are no connection issues when they came to Japan. I always recommend them to select NTT DoCoMo 3G network instead of vodafone (new name is softbank in Japan) because NTT DoCoMo is the largest carrier in Japan and they are the only carrier to provide Blackberry service in Japan.

I hope to help you.